Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new golden era flick in development?

Slicksuit

One of the Regulars
Yes, very interesting! Thanks for the heads up! I'd like to check out the actual comics as well. Eisner, the strip's creator, was one of the classic comic book artists regarded as very influentual to contemporary artists. His work, which was published as 7-page Sunday comic supplements starting in the 1940's, is a hallmark of the Golden Age. They have been reproduced in their enterity in hardbound books, available from Amazon. The Eisners, the comic book equivanent of the Emmys, bears his name.

Mycroft

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
The Spirit was created quite some time before Ditko created The Question. Interestingly, while The Question's mask looks like no face, The Spirit's kask is so minimal as to be no mask.
A television pilot was make a while back with Sam J. Jones (Flash Gordon) as the Spirit. It was very campy. I hope they make the movie with some humor and a film-noir look. The comics are a great reference for the interesting "camera angles" Eisner used.
The character of Ebony would be the tricky part for a modern movie. They could leave him out entirely or do like The Phantom movie did with Guran and change him into a different character.

A howl goes out: The Wolf is on the prowl!

Wow, I did not know anyone knew anything about the comicbook character The Question, where can I find more info?

Kent Allard

New in Town
Mycroft said:
Wow, I did not know anyone knew anything about the comicbook character The Question, where can I find more info?

Actually, The Question has been a semi-regular on the new Justice League cartoon on the Cartoon Network. He is voiced by Jeffrey Combs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24