A new spring wardrobe

Discussion in 'Suits' started by daisy2er, Sep 7, 2017.

1. daisy2er

daisy2er New in Town

A woman's wardrobe is always missing a dress

2. Patricia Ring

Patricia Ring New in Town

Style is about fun. True style is not about having a closet full of expensive and beautiful things - it is instead about knowing when, where, and how to utilize your collection.

3. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

Time for "shopping therapy"?

4. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

Agreed. When I think about the men and women whose clothes / style I've admired, it's not because they had the most extensive (they didn't) or expensive (they didn't) wardrobe, but because they had a great sense of what worked well for them, they had a consistent look (didn't change season to season based on "fashion"), their clothes were of good quality (but not super high end) and - and this is a big part of it - their clothes were very well tailored so everything fit properly.

I now try to have a consistent style, buy decent but not the most expensive clothes, but pay for good tailoring (once you start noticing tailoring, you notice that a lot of people buy expensive clothes that don't fit them well and, hence, don't look that good on them). All that said and to echo the opening post, I am always looking for just the "right" pair of chinos where fit, cut, material, color and details are all perfect. I own a bunch of chinos that I like - but still don't own the "perfect" pair. :)

5. Patricia Ring

Patricia Ring New in Town

Sure, I have been doing minor alterations to all my clothes for years now. i am a big fan of CalibreApparel and have always wanted to know more about how the clothes i wear are made..

SGTROCK likes this.