Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A pair of (potentially) shiny stoves.

Dragon Soldier

One of the Regulars
Got these a couple of weeks back at a car boot sale, one is a Primus No.1 & the other a Primus No.5S.

Both decoked, fitted with all new washers, new jets and new non return valves. The No.1 works flawlessly, the No.5 still isn't combusting quite right, but they're picky devils without a windshield at the best of times.

Now chasing a "picnic" model.

Before & After shots.

before.jpg after.jpg

Dragon Soldier

One of the Regulars
Not quite the pocket or picnic model that I was after, but a "touring" stove. A Burmos 21 one pint capacity as opposed to the two pint tank of the two featured previously (which are really domestic stoves). Burmos were a British firm which manufactured 'knock off' versions of Primus' finest. This one is a Model 21 which is a direct copy of the Primus 210 both were aimed particularly at cyclists and "car campers" Lovely little stove and a particularly fierce burner, like a jet in reheat!

burmos.jpg
Still after a half-pinter!

Dragon Soldier

One of the Regulars
Beauty! Particularly the intact tin. Have the tin for my Burmos but it's ratty.
I'd love a good half pinter.

(I should probably also wait until I get home to take photos of stoves and such so they don't look like they've been taken in a flop house)

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Cleaning it was easy I just left it for a few hours in vinegar to remove the tarnish then used Autosol on it, it was far easier then I 'd expected....I think it was free from a local chap off freecycle IIRC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk