A Proud Moment!

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by spiridon, Mar 3, 2007.

1. spiridon

spiridon A-List Customer

A young lady whom I coach was recently named the Oklahoma "Runner of the Year". I must admit she is a coach's "dream".....does everything I ask of her. The hardest part is trying to keep her "reigned in" and doing too much. In fact I'm really excited about our entire Women's team which will be racing the Boston Marathon in April.....if they all run what they should, they have a real shot at a top 3 finish in the team competition.:D Our Men's team should also do well, but our Women's team is a little deeper in quality this year.
    [​IMG]

She's the one on the right.......:D

2. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Good Luck in Boston! :)

3. spiridon

spiridon A-List Customer

Thanks Harp! Give me temps in the 40's and a little tailwind and I'll be good to go!:D

4. Daisy Buchanan

Daisy Buchanan My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow, that's fantastic!!

Will you be in Boston for the marathon? Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be standing on the side lines of course:), but will be more than happy to cheer your runners on.

5. spiridon

spiridon A-List Customer

Yes Ma'am! I'm taking two teams (Men's & Women's).....be on the lookout for our red "Team Spiridon" uniforms (among the 30,000 other runners!lol ). We're looking forward to the trip......planning on staying on thru the week after the race on Monday.

6. Mojito

Mojito One Too Many

Oh, I'm so thrilled for you and for her! I'm still hoping to run my first marathon (have only ever done up to half marathon distance) if I can ever overcome my patella problems.

I wish both you and her all the very best - sounds like you've she's got a great talent, and you've got the skills and knowledge to direct it!

7. RedPop4

RedPop4 One Too Many

Guys, Jon responds well to cheering supporters. He also gets encouragement if you're holding a beer and blowing cigar smoke his way. That gives him an extra push.

8. spiridon

spiridon A-List Customer

lol lol ....I HAVE been known to use the thought of a cold adult beverage for motivation to make it to the finish line.;) :D