Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Proud Moment!

spiridon

A-List Customer
A young lady whom I coach was recently named the Oklahoma "Runner of the Year". I must admit she is a coach's "dream".....does everything I ask of her. The hardest part is trying to keep her "reigned in" and doing too much. In fact I'm really excited about our entire Women's team which will be racing the Boston Marathon in April.....if they all run what they should, they have a real shot at a top 3 finish in the team competition.:D Our Men's team should also do well, but our Women's team is a little deeper in quality this year.
CoverMarApr07.jpg

She's the one on the right.......:D

spiridon

A-List Customer
Daisy Buchanan said:
Wow, that's fantastic!!

Will you be in Boston for the marathon? Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be standing on the side lines of course:), but will be more than happy to cheer your runners on.

Yes Ma'am! I'm taking two teams (Men's & Women's).....be on the lookout for our red "Team Spiridon" uniforms (among the 30,000 other runners!lol ). We're looking forward to the trip......planning on staying on thru the week after the race on Monday.

Mojito

One Too Many
Oh, I'm so thrilled for you and for her! I'm still hoping to run my first marathon (have only ever done up to half marathon distance) if I can ever overcome my patella problems.

I wish both you and her all the very best - sounds like you've she's got a great talent, and you've got the skills and knowledge to direct it!

RedPop4

One Too Many
Guys, Jon responds well to cheering supporters. He also gets encouragement if you're holding a beer and blowing cigar smoke his way. That gives him an extra push.

spiridon

A-List Customer
RedPop4 said:
. He also gets encouragement if you're holding a beer and blowing cigar smoke his way. That gives him an extra push.

lol lol ....I HAVE been known to use the thought of a cold adult beverage for motivation to make it to the finish line.;) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto