Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A question for the cigar smokers...

CubanPete

New in Town
Hello, folks!

I have a quick question for the cigar smokers in the house. I've currently reached a point in my cigar collection where it has become essential to expand my humidor capacity. I would also like to broaden my cigar variety as well. Should I...
1. ...buy one large humidor with dividers to accommodate all of my cigars?
2. ...buy more small capacity humidors and divide the cigars according to strength?
3. ...employ some other solution?

I would greatly appreciate any help on the matter. Thank you all so much in advance! :cool:

CubanPete

New in Town
I vote for 1 large with dividers. I have 2 one at home, larger, & 1 at office.
Keeping those 2 recharged is enough to say grace over for me. HTH

It most certainly did. Thank you! Do you have cigars of different strengths inside your home humidor? If so, do you find that the flavors stay distinct or do they kind of run together? Thanks again, gtdean48!

I've never heard of cigars getting milder or stronger simply by sitting in the same humidor with a different blend. They certainly don't segregate them at the cigar shop. I put anything and everything in my humidors as well as in my locker at the cigar shop. I'd just get a bigger humidor and not worry about "cross contamination" from them sitting near each other.

CubanPete

New in Town
Thank you for the advice, HudsonHawk!

I've never heard of cigars getting milder or stronger simply by sitting in the same humidor with a different blend. They certainly don't segregate them at the cigar shop. I put anything and everything in my humidors as well as in my locker at the cigar shop. I'd just get a bigger humidor and not worry about "cross contamination" from them sitting near each other.

WarHorse

New in Town
I'd recommend a singler larger humidor that hs a good quality humidification system. I have several different sizes and shapes of humidors and the more systems I have the more the support requirements and maintenance it requires. There are some good sides to having mulitple humidors - you can set different humidity levels for different cigars (I've found some that smoke better in a dryer condition). A single larger box and a good quality humidifier will minimize the attention you have to pay to your sticks, unless that's part of the hobby that you enjoy.

andrewrivas

New in Town
One thing to watch out for is if you have any flavored cigars in your collection. Those should be kept separate from your traditional cigars or they might all end up tasting like strawberry or whatever. I'd also recommend using a thermoelectric wine fridge with some humidity beads for your cigar storage as opposed to a more-traditional humidor if you have the space.

I have two humidors, a 75 and a 50 capacity and if I had to do it again would opt for just one larger one. This is strictly based on inattention and laziness. Keeping two humidors properly is twice the work of one. My supply is down and I rejoiced yesterday as I combined all my sticks into the one larger humidor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana