Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A question or two on wool felt hats?

user111

New in Town
Hi everybody,
I recently bought a wool felt hat, a pretty cheap one, around 20$, I was wondering if there's any way I can make sure the brim will not fall down, as I like to wear it with the brim turned upwards? The fabric's pretty hard, didn't expect this to be honest, but I'm still worried that it will get floppy as it was marketed as a floppy hat on the website. I'm still in awe that it preserves its shape so well. I was wondering if there's any magic trick like dampening it and leaving it to stay on the crown so as the brim stays upwards as it dries? I'm storing it this way anyway, hoping that the brim will stay like this.

Any particular care I should have when wearing it on potentially rainy days?

Also, there is one very small place where a bit of the wool fell apart, any magic trick to stick the tiny bit of wool back? I tried to rub it and dampen it and half of it seems to have merged with the fabric... maybe it's my imagination tho'.

I think I may be asking too much for a 20$ hat, but oh well...
I'm just curious about my new acquisition, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana