Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Terrible Loss: My Art Fawcett Beauty

Lawman

One of the Regulars
My goodness, what a loss. Saturday night, someone broke into my car. Local teens, no doubt. Stole my Sirius radio and my Mercedes owners manual and leather case. I suppose the manual case would make a nice purse for some thug's girlfriend. I thought that was the extent of it.

At breakfast, a horrible realization hit me between the eyes; I realized that my custom Art Fawcett, blue smoke Bogie style fedora had been in the front seat. Alas, it is gone.

At least the thief had good taste.

Arrgghhhhhhhhhh!

AcridSaint

New in Town
You should at least have several pictures of the hat, there won't be too many floating around, if it turns up at a pawn shop or vintage store in the area. I'd pass the info around.

flylot74

One of the Regulars
I am so sorry for your loss. It is infuriating when you are robbed, not only the loss of such a fine fedora, but I suspect you may have had damage to the car as well. When I got broken into, there was $700 damage to the door handle and some bodywork around it.

There is a special place in hell for people that do such things.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
If I lived in the area I know I'd be checking the pawn shops ...

(clears throat)

For you, of course, Lawman, you know ... just to help you out

;)

Lawman

One of the Regulars
If there is a silver lining to the story, I was already in line for another Fawcett creation at the time of the theft. Oh well!

BTW, I think someone is wearing it as well.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
May sound dumb but I would watch Ebay. The dirtbag may very well post it on there to see what he can get.:rage:

At least in florida given Art's hat breaks the $300 barrier it is a Felony to steal one his ! Which can result in a year or more in prison. Of course with spineless state attorneys .....:(

A moment of silence..................................................

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
That stings just thinking about it! The theif probably doesn't even realize what he has!

In addition to the pawn shops, watch ebay for the next couple of months. It might pop up there. Sometimes criminals are really dumb.

carter

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
May sound dumb but I would watch Ebay. The dirtbag may very well post it on there to see what he can get.:rage:
At least in florida given Art's hat breaks the $300 barrier it is a Felony to steal one his ! Which can result in a year or more in prison. Of course with spineless state attorneys .....:(
A moment of silence..................................................

Not to mention the theft of the radio and other items.

Sorry to hear of this. I hope they apprehend the theives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana