Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A1 Admiral Headwind pictures being worn

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
I recently posted a small review of a recent purchase of a A1 jacket adapted to my specification with a revised collar made by new up and coming manufacturer Headwind.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...al-A1-jacket-recent-purchase-(September-2015)

I did say I would try and post some pics of it being worn and here we are.

I have tried to show the jacket in both front and back views. In addition some of the shots show the jacket fully unbuttoned as I sometimes wear it but also when it is "half" buttoned as I do tend to wear it and finally with the jacket fully buttoned with the collar also popped closed.

The pictures were taken over a couple of mins in reasonable sunshine by my son with as much interest as he could muster given that he was still wearing his motorcycle helmet using the camera as we were scheduled to be going out on a ride and he just wanted to go !!

N.B. I did want to put on the poppers at the bottom when it was fully buttoned to get that shot as well but I forgot !

Alan

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think you guys should work out some kind of agreement to have these photos in his listings; or a customer gallery, because this looks absolutely phenomenal.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Really looks great and couldn't ask for more. Nice jacket, write-up(s), and pictures. :thumb:

CBI

One Too Many
Alan - thanks for the great pics and reviews. I think Jay has done a super job. Based on Jay's pics in direct sunlight/direct light.......I love your pics both worn and not BUT, they are a little dark and don't really give us the accurate color. The hide looks much brighter and more red in direct sun and not as dark as yours in "your" light. I think people need to see Jay's pics as well to get a truer color reference. That said, I DO like your pics and they give us a great idea of what the jacket looks like worn and broken in a little. I think once the hide has really been worked, the jacket will look even better and for the price.........wow. Based on your pics and references to ELC, Eastman might still make a better product (I am thinking character of the hide) BUT, with such a significant price difference. Jay has got a real winner! I am actually toying with the idea of ordering one of these BUT using Jay's dark seal goat instead (with the Navy knits). I just really prefer the goat color and as in your case, not looking for accuracy, might be a fun option. Despite what might read like nitpicks (I don't mean them to be), thanks for the great pics and reviews!!! Wear in super health!!!!!!!!!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Great fit and a great looking jacket.
Agree the photos here look a lot better than those on the site.

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Hi Worf
The maker is Headwind. Check out their website as it is a US company and open for business.
Thanks for the jacket compliment and to all others as well
This company needs supporting to help it grow.
Right now very pleased indeed with the jacket and at a very fair price indeed when all the manufacturers have seemed to be raising their prices over these last years.
I appreciate leather qualities etc have risen at the same time but the capeskin on this jacket is as good /equal as my A1 by Eastman so right now it's hitting the mark both in price and quality.
Alan

s4rmark

One of the Regulars
Great looking jacket, fits perfectly and on the basis of your pictures I have just ordered from jay at Headwind a standard capeskin A-1. Now for the wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points