Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aahhh...Spring in the midwest!

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
This is my trailer, full of cabinets ready to go. Uh...I'm not going anywhere today...

Happy Spring, everybody!

Cab

spring 2006.jpg

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Cab, when was the picture taken? Yep, I would say it looks like your stuck for awhile. Though I'm jealous of all the snow you guys got.....we got nothing here except for some snow flurries , which that doesn't count in my book. Over here it's the typical Northwest weather going on, gray skies, and rain, rain, rain. Happy Spring:rolleyes:

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
snowboy.jpg

Snooooow...I mean, So...this is how the morning has been. My name is Cabinetman and I am 11 years old.

Mysterygal, that tralier pic was taken this morning around 7:00. Big difference now. Typical of a big spring snow, I don't believe it's going to hang on long at all. The sun's peeking out and the temperature is rising. We had a blizzard warning through 4 pm, but I bet it has been lifted. The wind has died considerably. I haven't taken a day off since I don't know when. I suppose it's good the weather hit when and like it did. A welcome break.

Marc Chevalier said:
Warm in Northern California? That's not fair; it's c-o-l-d today in Los Angeles. Rained a bit last night, too. But the bluest skies, whitest clouds, and clearest vistas are right outside my window!

Its actually pretty cold here too and it rained last night as well. I'll take that over snow five feet thick on the ground though. :p Did I mention how much I hate snow? :icon_smil

Regards,

J

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
Gee, and I thought highs of 60 and lows in the 30's was REALLY COLD for this time of year---for Charleston, anyway! We've even got a north breeze today. Guess it's time to fire up the fireplace again :)

Hondo

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Warm in Northern California? That's not fair; it's c-o-l-d today in Los Angeles. Rained a bit last night, too. But the bluest skies, whitest clouds, and clearest vistas are right outside my window!

Here in Northern California (south of Sacramento) its been a crazy winter/spring, someone tell Punxsutawaney Phil he got it dead wrong this year.:p
Last few weeks have been rain (snowing in the Sierras) off and on, mud slides, not enough time to dry out but rain has turned to sprinkling so spring even if late is just about here, I love snow and rain but not this much as I do driving on weekends to the sierras, south lake tahoe area.
Old man river keeps rolling.....:p

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Ah, come on James, gotta love the snow! :D
I don't care to drive in it myself but there's something about it that it makes outside so peaceful and beautiful.....for the past two years we've gotten none of it....nothing, nada, zip :)
Cab, so is the snow still there today?

mysterygal said:
Ah, come on James, gotta love the snow! :D
I don't care to drive in it myself but there's something about it that it makes outside so peaceful and beautiful.....for the past two years we've gotten none of it....nothing, nada, zip :)

One word--hypothermia. I hate snow. Its cold, wet and you can slip and fall in it quite easily. No thanks. The only kind of snow I like is a snowcone.
Snow is for retired people who can look out at the snow and say its beautiful without having to trudge, drive or generally brave it to get to work every day. Snow---PU! :p :icon_smil

Regards,

J

P.S. I am getting tired of the rain every day as well. It should stay in Washington where it belongs. :) ;)

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
mysterygal said:
Cab, so is the snow still there today?

Yes, some, but I'm not. It warmed up more quickly than anticipated and actually we lost a fair amount right off the bat. I was on the road all day today (in SW MO right now), but I bet we lost even more. Bright sunshine and mid 30's in central IL. The trailer didn't pull out too easily this morning. So, I suppose there was still enough snow in which to get stuck. Roads are completely clear and dry, and there is/was no wind, so no drifting. We got 8 inches according to local radio. You say you have not seen any for two years. About the same for us. This probably equates to 3 years combined!

C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points