Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Actual weight of a leather jacket

roadking04

Practically Family
Hi guys. I recently bought a "fish" scale off Amazon just for weighing my jackets. I picked it up for $14, they had some cheaper and few that cost more.
20180728_122759.jpg

roadking04

Practically Family
Just looked at my post. Not really sure how to post pics. I tried to downsize and they still look big. lol.

The text and pics got messed up somehow. I had the text first, followed by pics of the jacket, and then the scale reading. Not sure what I did wrong. feel free to post your jacket weights.

@navetsea, Yes you can use a hanger. The model I have has a tare weight. I didn't read the instructions. I just used the hook. The hook is a little sharp, but it wont hurt heavy leather.

roadking04

Practically Family
Thanks for your input HH121. I know you have some super heavyweight jackets.

Jmax, Thanks for the compliments. I wish the vanson and Johnson fit a little better. They are well made. My vanson turns into a big sail after about 50mph. It balloons up big time. Cant wait to hear what your jackets weigh.

Guppy, I got mine off Amazon. They had many to choose from. I just got one that was in the middle. It seems pretty accurate. I measured each jacket a few times and had the same reading.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for your input HH121. I know you have some super heavyweight jackets.

Jmax, Thanks for the compliments. I wish the vanson and Johnson fit a little better. They are well made. My vanson turns into a big sail after about 50mph. It balloons up big time. Cant wait to hear what your jackets weigh.

Guppy, I got mine off Amazon. They had many to choose from. I just got one that was in the middle. It seems pretty accurate. I measured each jacket a few times and had the same reading.
I don't want a digital scale. I would like a mechanical one, that I can recalibrate to zero after pre-loading, and that will remember the weight put on it after it comes off.

Peacoat

Bartender
I have several of the mechanical scales with the springs, but I actually like the digital scale shown here. It appears that the scale will show both pounds and tenths of a pound as well as only ounces?

roadking04

Practically Family
I have several of the mechanical scales with the springs, but I actually like the digital scale shown here. It appears that the scale will show both pounds and tenths of a pound as well as only ounces?

Yes Peacoat. The one I have will show lbs. ozs. and kilos. I believe most do. Most were around 10 to 15 bucks. You can also program it to use a tare weight, such as a hanger. I measured each jacket a few different times and each time was almost dead on.. Might not be the most accurate, but is WAY better than the bathroom scale method. lol.

Yes Peacoat. The one I have will show lbs. ozs. and kilos. I believe most do. Most were around 10 to 15 bucks. You can also program it to use a tare weight, such as a hanger. I measured each jacket a few different times and each time was almost dead on.. Might not be the most accurate, but is WAY better than the bathroom scale method. lol.
Better than a vintage produce scale too!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I got one of these as well and it certainly works better than floor scale method! That was off by quite margin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points