Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adding Epaulette Stars

Jaymig926

New in Town
Hello all new to the forum. Thinking about adding stars to my schott 619. Has anyone added stars to a jacket that originally did not have any ?
Thanks to all in advance

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I've never done it, but it has bone done by other members before.
It's pretty straightforward, just unsnap the epaulettes, push the points through the leather ( i would use somethign soft like wood or cork as a backing so as not to bend the points.
Once the points are through, flip the epaulette over, use a large flat screw driver to bend the points in.

I am sure Schott has a fancy press/die to put them on, but it should take 5 minutes following the method described above.

VE5gaWk.jpg

PS: if it was me i would order one extra star just in case i mangle one of the points bending them... They are cheap.

PPS: thinking about it more, i would actually use a wine cork to push the leather down onto each point.
So push the star onto the leather to get it started, flip over epaulette over and then press the leather down onto the point with a cork untill it sits flat, bend points, done.

Jaymig926

New in Town
I've never done it, but it has bone done by other members before.
It's pretty straightforward, just unsnap the epaulettes, push the points through the leather ( i would use somethign soft like wood or cork as a backing so as not to bend the points.
Once the points are through, flip the epaulette over, use a large flat screw driver to bend the points in.

I am sure Schott has a fancy press/die to put them on, but it should take 5 minutes following the method described above.

VE5gaWk.jpg

PS: if it was me i would order one extra star just in case i mangle one of the points bending them... They are cheap.

PPS: thinking about it more, i would actually use a wine cork to push the leather down onto each point.
So push the star onto the leather to get it started, flip over epaulette over and then press the leather down onto the point with a cork untill it sits flat, bend points, done.
Thank you so much ! Worked like a charm !

Attachments

• 15A4C170-A198-4C0C-91FF-92F836377526.jpeg
    15A4C170-A198-4C0C-91FF-92F836377526.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • 394DB07D-C426-413E-962A-E9F032801CB8.jpeg
    394DB07D-C426-413E-962A-E9F032801CB8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112