Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adios to Wolf's Hattery

This "news" is more than a year old now, but I hadn't heard a word of it until last week, when a fellow on the other side of the mountains (that's how we locate ourselves out here, by which side of the Cascades we find ourselves on) called looking to have some renovation work done on a couple of Resistols. I asked if he was familiar with Wolf's Hattery in Spokane. He said he was, but that he figured they were no longer in business, seeing how he was unable to reach them anymore.

A quick search shows that, according the local daily paper over there, Dave Wolf sold his equipment to Baron Hats and got out of the business altogether.

Bummer. I had dropped into Wolf's shop a coupla-three years ago, when I was in Spokane on unrelated business. Dave had an impressive collection of interesting old equipment, some of which was still quite usable and some of which appeared to be there mostly for its decorative value (a not-quite-complete Singer 107-1, for instance). Lots of blocks, and more flanges than I have ever seen in one place before. But it appeared that the place's bread and butter was Western wear. He sold jeans and cowboy shirts and new factory hats. To the best of my knowledge, he had no online presence whatsoever.

Nice guy. Nice shop. Sorry it ain't around no more.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/apr/03/doug-clark-wolfs-hattery-brimmed-with-style/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic