Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice Aero Leather 30s Half Belt

B3lisario

New in Town
Hello to everybody, I’ve read a lot in this forum although I’ve never posted before.

I’ve just bougth a 1930s Half Belt, Blackened Brown Vicenza, 36” RTW and I need some advice with the size, I dont’t know if it’s too short, and I don’t have many experience in leather jackets and I don’t know how the evolve from the initial fitting.

The size of the jacket is:

Pit to Pit: 20"
Sleeve: 24.5"
Back: 22.5"
Shoulder: 16.25"

And I’m 1,81 cm heigth and 73 kg weigth with short arms and short shoulders

79102726-268A-4547-B1FC-F5FEB7F11555.jpeg
63900AFD-463B-44B2-9CBA-06BC34E438F0.jpeg
0C0A79D4-E578-4102-AF8A-1B2955D7AABE.jpeg
BFE70A59-D96E-45F6-910C-297D6749CF25.jpeg

Pandemic

One Too Many
Looks pretty good to me. The low waisted skinny jeans aren’t helping though - it’s a short, 1930s pattern that was designed to be worn with higher waisted jeans/trousers.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Imo it looks perfect, you just need slightly higher rise pants.
You could add length to the jacket but that will give you a weird "long torso" look and will be annoying when sitting down.
Sleeves are just how i like them too, at the wrist bone.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I’d say borderline, but I have at least three jackets of similar style that are as short, and I love them.

How does that jacket make you feel? Does it bother you that you can probably not layer with something more substantial than a longsleeve etc.? Do you find it too short?

If YOU like the jacket, I believe it’s a great pick-up. Looks good on you!

B3lisario

New in Town
Thank you very much, I’ll like to wear it just with a T-short or a slim cotton or cashmere pullover, and I have tried with one and it’s ok, I live between Italy and Spain and usually we don’t have more of sub 5 degrees celsius weeks,although I usually like to go walking to any place and take a beer in the terrace of the bar at any temperature

I feel the jacket a little bit stiff but I’ve never had a horse hide jacket, just lambskin, so must be the leather (is Vicenta one)

I add a couple of photos wit another trouser and I have to look for another jeans with higher waist in the closet

899CEEAF-6701-47EC-8B95-E3335912CB6A.jpeg
D3D70189-A38F-477D-B236-5EC8C9362F42.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Great jacket! The length of the body is spot on. (As a rule I'm against adding length to modern tastes to these designs - they always look off-balance if you do.) Personally I prefer my sleeves just a touch longer, but these don't by any means look too short, and if they're comfortable on you they look great. Fit overall looks good to me.

barnabus

One Too Many
I think you've absolutely smashed that @B3lisario , the fit looks perfect.

But I know that there's often a bit of a difference between how something fits and how it looks like it fits. The key thing is how you feel when you're wearing it, because you want to feel better than when you're not wearing it.

If something is niggling, that nigge might never go away.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
This might be a phenomena of having way too many jackets, but I'm finding if I need certain "scenarios" to wear them, they don't get worn. i.e. I can only wear this jacket with this pair of pants, or I can only wear it with these shoes to match, or this is when I want to wear thick sweater, whatever. I'm currently purging the closet of stuff like that because maybe my OCD is getting to me, or I'm finally realizing I'm a closet hoarder (literally), or I'm just getting older and just want to grab and go.

Imo, the jacket looks very good on you as is, but it's definitely a very specific look. If it were me, I would add a little more to the length of the front and the sleeves to make it a more all purpose jacket. I don't think you'll lose much in the style by doing so and instead will add a lot of flexibility.

B3lisario

New in Town
Thank you very much for the advices. When I come back from the weekend I’ll try with another trousers, althougth mostly I’ve low waist skinny ones

The problem of adding some length is that I’ll have to return to Aero with all the shipping cost and customs problems.

I really thank the sleeve length advices, since all the blazers and jackets that I have have too long sleeves, I have short arms (and even more slim shoulders) so usually they are too long, this jacket is for sure the one with shorter sleeves that I ‘ve so I feel a little bit short, but at the sale time they look better than any other jacket that I have, and I have a similar feeling with the shoulders (I have only have a good fit with the shoulders with 34” slim fit jackets, that they where too small to breath with them closed)

Last edited:

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much for the advices. When I come back from the weekend I’ll try with another trousers, althougth mostly I’ve low waist skinny ones

The problem of adding some length is that I’ll have to return to Aero with all the shipping cost and customs problems.

I really thank the sleeve length advices, since all the blazers and jackets that I have have too long sleeves, I have short arms (and even more thin shoulders) so usually they are too long, this jacket is for sure the one with shorter sleeves that I ‘ve so I feel a little bit short, but at the sale time they look better than any other jacket that I have, and I have a similar feeling with the shoulders (I have only have a good fit with the shoulders with 34” slim fit jackets, that they where too small to breath with them closed)
I think you can comfortably keep it. It is well within range of looking and fitting good. My notes were more to "future proof" the jacket some. But looks great and definitely not worth all that hassle to add a little bit here and there.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
This might be a phenomena of having way too many jackets, but I'm finding if I need certain "scenarios" to wear them, they don't get worn. i.e. I can only wear this jacket with this pair of pants, or I can only wear it with these shoes to match, or this is when I want to wear thick sweater, whatever. I'm currently purging the closet of stuff like that because maybe my OCD is getting to me, or I'm finally realizing I'm a closet hoarder (literally), or I'm just getting older and just want to grab and go.

Imo, the jacket looks very good on you as is, but it's definitely a very specific look. If it were me, I would add a little more to the length of the front and the sleeves to make it a more all purpose jacket. I don't think you'll lose much in the style by doing so and instead will add a lot of flexibility.
^^This is well said.. I have one particular jacket that is admittedly too small, and I’ve had to find one or two pairs of jeans that are acceptable to wear with it. Layering anything is out of the question, in fact I have to be particular about which t shirt is gonna be ok. This jacket gets very little wear, it’s hard to justify keeping it, but it was my first “real” jacket and I love it. I think the OP is in a much better position with his jacket, and his fit looks pretty nice to me.

B3lisario

New in Town
Thank you very much for all the advices, I think I’m going to keep it, and use all the measures and fitting experience to order one MTO one… and thinking in a shearling lining althought I have some doubts as I live in mild weather countries

B3lisario

New in Town
I’m having second thougths… I don’t know if maybe it’s too big at the chest, altough in theory the pit to pit measure (20”) was just a little bit longer than my expanded chest (98cm)

B94F6558-A4C6-413D-ABBE-FFFC1DCBFF2E.jpeg
6F6E9457-017F-4491-B4DB-44A8E6CD721E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ