Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

advice please, BK or Aero A2

Mark

Practically Family
Hi Loungers

I would like to buy my first proper A2. I own an Aero Highwayman so Aero are naturally my first choice, (particularly as they are apparently to be soon making-up some jackets from old stock leather to go in their sale pages) but i have just discovered BK jackets and the reviews seem mostly positive and the prices are keen. What is the deal with BK's "House jacket" seems too cheap at half the price of their other A2's?
What are your opinions about this, which would you go for? Ideally i'd like a Jerky Russet Horse A2. What is the best contract (or non contract for that matter, authenticity not an issue for me) best suited to my build, slim but not skinny, 5.5 and about 10 stone?
I would try ELC but they are a little over my budget but do look good, same with Goodwear and some others.

Many thanks for your opinions.
Mark

Edward

Bartender
I have no direct experience of BK, though I'm eyeing their house jackets myself fo possible future purchase. If stitch for stitch accuracy is not your highest priority, Aero make a great A2. Close enough for my tastes, if lacking the level of accuracy of an ELC or GW. FWIW, a use Aero sells on eBay for in and around GBP200. To the best of my understanding, the 42-contract numbers in Aero's line are a little boxier than the earlier jackets if you wan something that isn't as slim fit. All depends on size - chest/ waist ratio etc.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
BKs house jackets are made of chrome tanned leather according to their site, and I was told by them that the house jackets HH is not as good quality as that used on their contract jackets.

Not surprising really since they are made of vegetable tanned HH which comes from somewhere else, and are a lot more expensive.

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks all for your comments. On impulse I have ordered Aero's Quartermasters A2 (42-18775-P) in Russet. Would have liked the jerky russet but that wasn't on the menu. At £385 + pp its a good price. There were just too many doubts about BK from other Loungers I thought it best to go with what I know, Aero. Holly (I think her name was) at Aero answered the phone straight away and went off to measure the jacket for me, really helpful and nice to deal with.
Thanks again
Mark

Edward

Bartender
Looking forward to seeing photos. Ken seems to be re-prioritising Aero's military stuff in their line up now he's back (looking to make the jacket more accurate, repatterning their Irvins, etc). If they can do that without raising prices, they'll be really competitive in the "mid range" repro price market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart