Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice wanted on Aero 1930's Half Belt sizing

geedee

Familiar Face
Hi there, I'm hoping the collective wisdom and experience of you guys can help me please. I have an Aero Premier 1930s HB in size 42 (russet Vicenza), it's a beautiful jacket and a great slim fit when I'm wearing just a tshirt or a shirt (which is exactly how I wanted it and ordered it, for use in warmer weather). But if I wear a sweatshirt or a thick sweater under it then it becomes a tad too tight across the back of the shoulder blades. I want to order a Half Belt in the Black Jerky for colder weather, to wear with a sweatshirt or a thick sweater. I love the overall fit of the Premier 1930 Half Belt but want something with a bit more room around the shoulder blades; I'm not sure if the tightness across the shoulder blades on my current PHB is caused by the shoulder width, the chest width, or the height of the armholes - so I'm wondering whether I should look at -
(1) the Premier 1930 HB but size up to a 44 to get a little more room in the chest and shoulders (but I'm concerned the armholes might still be too tight for over a sweater); or
(2) the "regular" 1930 HB which I expect should have slightly lower / bigger armholes (but I'm concerned the upper sleeves might look too big compared to the premier sleeves - I don't want bat-wings! - and I prefer the collar and the slim fit of the Premier style).
I'm waiting on advice from the wonderful Holly at Aero, but in the meantime I wondered if any of you guys had any experience of both these styles and their differences, and can give me any advice on how to proceed? Many thanks!

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I think one size up should, do the trick.

John Chapman told me that if a jacket is made using a good pattern, you can wear one size or even two sizes larger as in your example, and it should still look good. I trust his advice.

geedee

Familiar Face
I think one size up should, do the trick.

John Chapman told me that if a jacket is made using a good pattern, you can wear one size or even two sizes larger as in your example, and it should still look good. I trust his advice.
hey thanks for that, #Brandrea33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner