Aero A-1 Tobacco Badalassi - size 40

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by huy tran, Nov 22, 2020.

1. huy tran

huy tran New in Town

Up for sale is a gorgeous Aero jacket made from Tobacco Badalassi leather size 40. ~ $650 Shipped to CONUS.

This is a catch and release. The jacket was originally purchased last year from @dudewuttheheck and only worn a couple of times since then. it looks and feels almost like a new jacket. The Badalassi leather is simply amazing. Middle weight but drapes nicely. Somehow this leather reminds me of the Shinki horsehide every time I handle it.

Any questions, please ask

John

Front 1.jpg Shoulder 1.jpg Chest.jpg Belly.jpg Bottom Hem 1.jpg Sleeve 1.jpg

27800596bc834ddd1492.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020 at 7:26 PM
  2. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Yeah that hide is absolutely stunning. I'm a Shinki fan and Badalassi is probably the only other leather that I really love on a jacket.

Berto likes this.
  3. Berto

Berto Familiar Face

badalassi much thicker than shinki?

4. Lebowski

Lebowski One Too Many

Badalassi widely waries as much as Shinki - different grades, different batches etc. So, Shinki might be lightweight, midweight and quite heavyweight as much as Badalassi.
    For instance, Aero's Badalassi is on a lightweight/midweight side though The Few Mfg Badalassi and BK Badalassi are usually more on a heavyweight side.
    Himel's Shinki is on a lightweight/midweight side though RMC and esp. FW are usually on a heavyweight side.
    So, it depends.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    dudewuttheheck, JustinW and Berto like this.
  5. Lebowski

Lebowski One Too Many

Nice jacket John!

6. huy tran

huy tran New in Town

Lebowski likes this.
  7. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Lebowski nailed it. Badalassi and Shinki are tanneries, not singular leathers. It really depends on the specific leather they are making. Not everyone gets the same exact type of leather from them.

8. marker2037

marker2037 One of the Regulars

Always wanted this makeup since I saw it first and based on at least some of these dimensions, this might work for me. PM sent, we'll have to see about the back length and I'm not sure about that sleeve either.