Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A2 Bronco Fit Check.

KITMAN22

New in Town
Hi Guys.

I'm new to the forum and have recently got into leather jackets. I've been into vintage / heritage wear and namely Japanese denim brands and have finally moved over into the world of leather. I spent a fair amount of time looking at all the different jacket designs and styles and finally settled on the racer style & Military flight jacket as the 2 styles I liked the most.
I've been keeping to a few rules when purchasing clothing recently and that mainly consists of buying second hand when possible. The idea is to try and be more environmentally considerate and because this comes with the added benefit of saving money, as we all know vintage / Japanese brand clothing can be rather pricey.

So I have managed to snag an Aero Café Racer in CXL (36) and a Aero A2 Bronco in battered brown steerhide (38)

full

full

I purchased the Café Racer 1st and I absolutely love the leather on this jacket. The draw backs are that its very short and most
modern clothing is cut rather long so it often means tucking in shirts / jumpers in order to wear it. I think the fit is otherwise quite good, I have short arms so no getting over the issue of body fitting vs arm length being a little long.

So I wanted a jacket that would get around the length issue of the café racer (yes I still had the shirt tucked in lol) and recently bought a Aero Bronco. The steerhide is surprisingly soft and supple, being worlds apart from the CXL horsehide. I think the fit overcomes the length issue and knitted cuffs compensate for the sleeve length. I did notice that the lower back seems to have some extra material, is this normal for this type of jacket? The zipped up photo shows a bit of creasing in the upper chest and I have seen this on other members A2 jackets so it seems common? I did have a heavy flannel shirt underneath however.

full

full

full

In my mind I bought the Bronco with the thought that if it fit well I would move on the Café racer but that leather on the Café racer is just so nice. Do you guys think one fits better than the other? And which one would you keep between the two?

Its really lovely to join a forum, sharing similar interests with other people and the information here has been pivotal in helping me decide which jackets / leathers to go for.

I look forward to seeing what you guys think.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Guys.

I'm new to the forum and have recently got into leather jackets. I've been into vintage / heritage wear and namely Japanese denim brands and have finally moved over into the world of leather. I spent a fair amount of time looking at all the different jacket designs and styles and finally settled on the racer style & Military flight jacket as the 2 styles I liked the most.
I've been keeping to a few rules when purchasing clothing recently and that mainly consists of buying second hand when possible. The idea is to try and be more environmentally considerate and because this comes with the added benefit of saving money, as we all know vintage / Japanese brand clothing can be rather pricey.

So I have managed to snag an Aero Café Racer in CXL (36) and a Aero A2 Bronco in battered brown steerhide (38)

full

full

I purchased the Café Racer 1st and I absolutely love the leather on this jacket. The draw backs are that its very short and most
modern clothing is cut rather long so it often means tucking in shirts / jumpers in order to wear it. I think the fit is otherwise quite good, I have short arms so no getting over the issue of body fitting vs arm length being a little long.

So I wanted a jacket that would get around the length issue of the café racer (yes I still had the shirt tucked in lol) and recently bought a Aero Bronco. The steerhide is surprisingly soft and supple, being worlds apart from the CXL horsehide. I think the fit overcomes the length issue and knitted cuffs compensate for the sleeve length. I did notice that the lower back seems to have some extra material, is this normal for this type of jacket? The zipped up photo shows a bit of creasing in the upper chest and I have seen this on other members A2 jackets so it seems common? I did have a heavy flannel shirt underneath however.

full

full

full

In my mind I bought the Bronco with the thought that if it fit well I would move on the Café racer but that leather on the Café racer is just so nice. Do you guys think one fits better than the other? And which one would you keep between the two?

Its really lovely to join a forum, sharing similar interests with other people and the information here has been pivotal in helping me decide which jackets / leathers to go for.

I look forward to seeing what you guys think.
In the A-2 you look twice as old as in the Café Racer ;)
If the CR were an inch or two longer, it would be perfect in my eyes.
The A-2, on the other hand, I think is a tad too big, even if that's the style of how it's worn.
In the short or long run, you probably won't be wearing either of them
How do I know? Because I had a cafe racer in that length (sold it) and I have a flight jacket that I very rarely wear (just isn't my style).

KITMAN22

New in Town
In the A-2 you look twice as old as in the Café Racer ;)
If the CR were an inch or two longer, it would be perfect in my eyes.
The A-2, on the other hand, I think is a tad too big, even if that's the style of how it's worn.
In the short or long run, you probably won't be wearing either of them
How do I know? Because I had a cafe racer in that length (sold it) and I have a flight jacket that I very rarely wear (just isn't my style).

Haha I am a lot older than I look, so might even out.
The issue with getting more length with the café racer is the added sleeve length which would make it too long. I guess that can be fixed by going the custom route.
I am definitely happy to wear these style jackets, I have worn the Café racer a fair bit since I got it.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Cafe Racer - Usually the sleeves are about the same or shorter than the back length. Yours looks like a custom job.
It's short but it also looks intended. Because there's no hand warmers. The CXL leather is so nice it gets all the attention.

A2 - These bomber type jackets will "balloon out" a bit because the elastic hem. If you measure it, it actually isn't that wide, but the elastic creates the balloon shape. Looks very comfortable.

You've actually covered the two opposite ends with these two jackets. The next one would be something in the middle I suppose.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Welcome aboard. I’m sure the answers you get will be all over the place. It’s all subjective. Members of TFL tastes vary wildly.
I think both are keepers. The short cafe is good because it won’t push up on you when you sit down with it zipped. The A2 fits well because for most contracts some extra room is needed for mobility. If you are patient you’ll find customs of all styles with a broad swath of measurements come up in the classifieds..

Rich22

Practically Family
How does the Cafe Racer collar feel? It looks a bit like it is trying to choke you.

seres

A-List Customer
The A-2 is just perfect. That's the way I like them to fit.

The Cafe is slightly short, but certainly not enough to worry about.

You've done well. And welcome aboard!

KITMAN22

New in Town
The A-2 is just perfect. That's the way I like them to fit.

The Cafe is slightly short, but certainly not enough to worry about.

You've done well. And welcome aboard!
Haha thanks. Definitely seems to be very varied thoughts on how the jackets fit. I'm quite happy with the A2 fit. The cafe racer would have been nice a little longer I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk