Aero A2 on Ebay....cheap.

Discussion in 'Vintage Finds and Deals' started by Bunyip, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Gday guys, stumbled across this. If any big boys are looking for an aero fly boy, size 50R....it looks great. Item number is 200913340819 on US Ebay...would be interested in your thoughts on his. I quite like these jackets, but dont know much about authenticity....I proved this by buying a Schott A 2 with removable collar in heavy brown naked cowhide...what does the brains trust think?

2. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Looks to be an Indian made Aero. From a while back, or for Aero USA. See this. http://moorecustom.com/jackets/A-2_Aero_Indian_44.htm. PS- I have a Scotland Aero A-2 for sale but not up yet. Labeled 52, but more like a 48+/50. PSS - just found this. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?20342-AeroFlightManFinc-quot-Indian-quot-A-2-41-11018P-Review

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  3. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Thanks mate, I didnt realise anything was made in India? Very interesting....

4. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I think Butte is referring to Indian motorcycles. Can't imagine Aero farming out their work to India. I may wrong though...

5. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Oops...that makes heaps more sense....cant imagine the scottish brogue coming from my several nightly telemarketing calls......

6. SGB

SGB One of the Regulars

About 10 or so years ago Aero offered a goat A-2 made in India, it was a less expensive entry level jacket that retailed for about $300. Aero provided all the materials and sent someone to India to train them on making the jacket to Aero standards. The first shipment was quite good and sold well, but the second shipment wasn't done as good and the project was dropped. It was a nice jacket for the price.

SGB

7. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Very interesting reading ...Im brand new to non dept store jackets, and am really enjoying this forum.

8. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

You saps thought I was lying? Dang. Pulling. Dagger. From. Ventura. Back. lol

9. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Better put your best Indy jacket on Butte,.....it always worked for him..;)

10. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

They certainly did old chap:)

I'll second that Scott/SGB:) I can remember speaking to Ken about these. The quality was excellent until they pulled their quality control man out. Always look for that label AeroFlightManf in cheaper A2s. I have seen a couple and they are certainly ok for every day wear.
    It is such a shame that some of these countries when manufacturing quality goods cut corners to make items quicker, probably to save time and fill another order to line the bosses pocket.
    J

11. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

There you go. I stand corrected, taken aback and shocked. I knew there was a period when they did farm out to Canada, but India? Wow, that's weird, but as John says, if they had they're own quality control guy out there, then that makes sense. Butte shamed us all with the depth of his knowledge, except for the all-seeing, all-knowing aswatland, obviously... ;) Incidentally, what period was this?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  12. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

The period they dont discuss anymore.......like john cleese said....dont mention the war.....;)

13. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

I for one am glad it didn't pan out. I would not be buying said jackets...sorry, part of the allure for me is the homespun shops like Aero and Good Wear. Never again will I don (sans the beaters I own now) a jacket not made by hand. A highly skilled hand - or two lol

14. eggleman

eggleman One of the Regulars

Saw one of the Indian Aero A2s in a London retro shop a few years ago... nowhere near the quality of my standard Aero A2 in my opinion.
    Seem to remember that the price difference wasn't that great ?
    I'd go for the Scottish A2 every time.

15. SGB

SGB One of the Regulars

They never were meant to be as good of quality as the regular line, hence the original price was about 1/2.