Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero B-6 Shearling size 40

VR46

Familiar Face
Marked as a size 40, I think it fits closer to a 38. Clean, not worn much, no unusual smells.
It does have the leather strap and buckle on the reverse side of the collar, just tucked up in these photos.
Located in North Carolina.
$500

B-6 jacket front.JPG
B-6 jacket back.JPG
B-6 jacket tag.JPG

VR46

Familiar Face
Oops, I sent a PM in response to that question but didn't post it here. Here's more information on the measurements.

My own measurement of the B-6 is a pit-to-pit 21 (but it feels a bit roomier to me than other jackets that had this P2P measurement) and sleeve 24.5.
But on the Thurston Bros website listing the same jacket in size 40 (not the actual jacket, but same model and size) they say pit-to-pit 21.75, shoulder 19.25, and sleeve 25.
I might be measuring wrong: the Thurston Bros. measurements seem more consistent with the comparative fit of other Aero jackets I've owned.
If you wear a 38 then this will likely fit very well, but if you usually wear a 40 then this might be tight.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Please add shoulder measurement and back length from the bottom od the collar to the hem.

aero’s measurements are not standardized to the size number

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
That, and your weight and height, and how this B-6 fits you might be helpful. What is your size in other jackets? Sheepskins' fit is notoriously difficult to ascertain even with measurements.

VR46

Familiar Face
I'll add those measurements later today, but as Will Zach stated, it's harder to determine the fit of shearling jackets based on measurements.
I'm 5'8" and about 140lbs. I wear a 33.5" sleeve dress shirt, which is a longer than usual sleeve length for my height. I typically wear a size 38 jacket in just about everything. I have a size 38 Aero Plainsman that fits very well, with just a little extra sleeve length from the normal pattern.
This B-6 fits me quite well in terms of body and sleeve length. I've got extra room in the body for sure, could easily layer underneath even though layering isn't usually needed with such a warm jacket.
I think the best fit advice I can give is that if you're a normal size 38 and either a trim body shape or maybe under 165lbs then it'll probably fit quite well. I think it would fit folks from 5'8" to maybe 5'10" depending on arm length.

BikerMan

A-List Customer
Hi. Not to be a nosy rosy but it might be best to show fit pics with your height and weight measurements. GLWS. I USED TO THINK GLWS MEANT GOOD LOOKS WITH STYLE. LOL. PS. GORGEOUS JACKET

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto