Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero B-6 vs D-1

Can folks help me out with the differences between these two designs?

As I understand it, same sheering thickness....sheep skin, horsehide trim on both.

B-6 has side zips, adjustable stud cuffs, epaulettes, bi-swing back, main back panel 3 pieces.
D-1 back panel 4 quarters.

Pictures an Aero's web site seem to show the D-1 as having a less "boxy" design, a bit shorter waist length.
That just how the photos were taken?
Thoughts?

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Hello Jeff, I just received a redskin D-1, you can see it here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?60121-Help-Me-Decide-Aero-Rollneck-or-Aran-Sweater

I also wanted a B-6 because I thought it was a more complex design, but there was a waiting list of 14 weeks and they had this jacket in stock, I wanted to use it during this winter, and I went for it.

I can confirm that it's a slender design, the jacket is as snug as a Aero biker's jacket, not bulky at all, perfect length for me and as you can see, a two panels' back.

If requested I can post some pics of me wearing this jacket tonight.

JanSolo

Practically Family
The B-6 is slightly waisted and has a very trim fit. Search for Gancho's B-6 on the lounge.

I agree that Aero's D-1 is not very boxy and roomy but compared to their B-6 it is. The B-6 almost fits like a slighltly roomier and thicker sheepskin Cafe Racer.

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Here there are the promised pics, I apologise for the poor quality, the light wasn't good at all. I'm 179 cm, I usually wear 36-37" jackets, I have a 36 hyghwayman and this jacket is more snug

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara