Aero Badalassi Offering

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sloan1874, Oct 18, 2019.

1. AerGuitar

AerGuitar Familiar Face

Congrats! I think you’re going to love it, and you’ll find that it was worth the wait! The tobacco looks even nicer in person than any picture will show. I recently picked up a new board racer in tobacco and I’m fighting the good fight to get it broken in. Took me months to tame my other jacket in russet Badalassi.

moktabe and Jin431 like this.
  2. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Tobacco Badalassi is gorgeous. Should be a nice jacket.

Jin431 and AerGuitar like this.
  3. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

The Tobacco Badalassi looks tremendous. If it's as squeaky as everyone says, though, I'd be tempted to give it a once over with Renapur straight away.

Jin431 likes this.
  4. AerGuitar

AerGuitar Familiar Face

Squeaky indeed! It quiets down eventually, but yes, I used a light dose of Obenauf’s and it helped.

Jin431 likes this.
  5. moktabe

moktabe Familiar Face

I read somewhere on here a while ago that it's squeaks mainly where the stitching is.
    If I decide to put something on it should I just do the stitching area or all over it? The other option is to just wear it and let it quieten itself down I suppose.

AerGuitar likes this.
  6. AerGuitar

AerGuitar Familiar Face

I’m not sure if the squeaky is related solely to the stitched areas or if it’s the nature of the hide, but the light Obenauf’s treatment sure didn’t hurt the appearance, and it really took care of the squeak that was left after a couple months of wear.

7. moktabe

moktabe Familiar Face

Thanks for that info.

AerGuitar likes this.
  8. moktabe

moktabe Familiar Face

Before I 'add to basket' on the Obenaufs I have some leather oil I used on a jacket previously....Leather Honey Superior Conditioning Oil. Bought it from the US and it didn't appear to do the jacket any harm.

Ok to use that?

9. AerGuitar

AerGuitar Familiar Face

You’re probably asking the wrong guy. There are many others on here with far more experience. I’ve never heard of that particular stuff. I just use Obenauf’s, because I’ve always used it. I’d assume it’s fine?

moktabe likes this.
  10. moktabe

moktabe Familiar Face

I might just wear it as it is for a while. If the squeaking drives me nuts I'll have a look at something.

AerGuitar likes this.
  11. AerGuitar

AerGuitar Familiar Face

Good plan! The glorious aroma will distract you from any noise.

moktabe likes this.
  12. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

Let me know how you get on, please... I'm very tempted to order from Aero. I planned to a few years ago, but I ended up moving to the other side of the planet to somewhere too warm for frequent jacket use, where I couldn't justify buying another jacket... back in the UK now, though :D

13. moktabe

moktabe Familiar Face

Of course, no worries.

Rich22 likes this.
  14. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One Too Many

Need some updates of those who has received theirs in black :) @Tom71

Jin431 and AerGuitar like this.
  15. matchankh

matchankh New in Town

Does the badalassi stretch a lot? if so does it stretch to the extent that it needs to be factored in when trying to size a jacket correctly?

16. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Got word from Aero that they'll finally start working on my black badalassi 4 pocket cafe racer with highwayman details this week. Opted for the YKK universal old american range #5 in brass with black tape for the main zipper

20210607_125225.JPG

@AerGuitar did mention it will stretch with wear but I feel that is the same for most leather. I would personally just keep true to my ideal measurements and have the leather mold around you that way.

roadking04, JCSD and AerGuitar like this.
  17. AerGuitar

AerGuitar Familiar Face

Yes, in my experience with it, the Badalassi will stretch more with wear than any Vicenza jackets I’ve had, but I probably wouldn’t size down counting on stretching as Jin mentioned. I feel like the Badalassi also has some “give” as well with movement, more so than Vic or CXL horse. Maybe that’s just the nature of bovine vs horse. That’s my two cents and usually all it’s worth...

Jin431 likes this.