Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero board racer with collar?

Sockeye

One of the Regulars
Anybody out there with some photos of an Aero board racer with a collar from a highwayman (as with the Sheene)?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
A Sheene is simply a Cafe Racer with a HWM collar. A Board Racer with a HWM collar would have exactly the same analogy but not a different name, merely a Board racer with a HWM collar rather than the mandarin collar. Keep in mind that there are subtle differences between the Cafe Racer mandarin collar and the Board Racer mandarin collar.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
To me, one of these with a collar is more worthy of the title Board Racer then any quasi cafe mandarin collar jacket!

Sockeye

One of the Regulars
Thanks gentlemen! My 42 Sheene (cafe racer) in Vincenza was modeled after one I bought from pawine. After a little weight loss it's good for layering. I'm looking ahead for a slimmer cut based on the board racer. Layman looks nice, not sure why he sold it, or if that style is too slim to be comfortable for casual wear for some.

Mike D, yours should come in with the same batch as my teamster, I look forward to seeing it.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/can-you-please-recommend-a-jacket-for-me.79102/page-2

@LaymanX bought one which came out great. Scroll down to the bottom of page two and also see page 3.

I actually ended up with LaymanX's jacket. I had to get the waist taken in as it was too big but after the alterations my current thinking is that the body is too long for me.

BRSheene1.JPG BRSheene2.JPG

I don't mean to dis on the jacket PN, sorry. Yes it looks a bit long to me. maybe if you hemmed it 1/2"-1" below the zipperbox it would be perfect.
I like the hide color :)

ProteinNerd

it flares out on the bottom, probably the alteration to the waist caused it?

I had a long discussion with the tailor. She makes her own brand of motorcycle racing suits and knows what she is talking about plus the work was top notch.

Basically, due to the length of the jacket, we had to allow a slight flare because my waist is thinner than my hips. The flare was already there, this just makes it a touch more noticeable.

I'm back and forward over this one. I don't think it looks bad, it's just not the look I was after with this one.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I had a long discussion with the tailor. She makes her own brand of motorcycle racing suits and knows what she is talking about plus the work was top notch.

Basically, due to the length of the jacket, we had to allow a slight flare because my waist is thinner than my hips. The flare was already there, this just makes it a touch more noticeable.

I'm back and forward over this one. I don't think it looks bad, it's just not the look I was after with this one.

I know....
my waist is also much smaller than my hip bone, the reason I have slanting hem to avoid my pelvic bone, shorter on the side longer on the center, otherwise my longer jacket will flare out much more than yours :(

The Buco's will flare out quite a bit, it's not unheard of.

For what it's worth, Protein, I think it looks as good as it gets on you.

bn1966

Damn...Board Racer looks great with HWM collar as well as mandarin, looking to get one late spring but now confused as to collar type.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I prefer the fit of your CR over the BR, although IMO the fit of the BR is good enough. As I recall the J-100 is supposed to fit as yours does. Sometimes the enemy of good is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112