Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero/Buco J-100 black FQHH Board Racer 46/48 Tall

patrick_b

One of the Regulars
Aero/Buco Board Racer in black FQHH. Talon Zippers, great patina. Size is tagged as a 48, fits more like a 46 tall. Non smoker, no odors, tears or excessive wear, just a beautiful and functional jacket. Note, the two spots (collar and inside main zipper pictured below) with some gorgeous brown showing through.

I just acquired this from ebay but it sadly doesn't fit as well as I'd hoped. I'm just hoping to get back close to what I paid, reasonable offers considered.

$750 + Shipping, Paypal preferred.

Measurements:

Rear Length: 29.25" (bottom collar seam to hem)
Front Length: 25"
Sleeve: 27.25" (shoulder seam to end of sleeve)
Pit to pit: 24
Shoulder to shoulder 18 1/2

1.1.jpg
1.2.jpg
1.5.jpg
1.6.jpg
1.8.jpg
1.9.jpg
1.10.jpg
1.11.jpg

Maitiu

New in Town
I'll never understand jacket makers thought process for making jackets. How can someone have a 48 inch chest but 18" shoulder width? What does that even look like? lol Must be a custom made jacket maybe?

If it weren't for the small shoulder measurement, this jacket would be mine. Such a bummer.

I'll never understand jacket makers thought process for making jackets. How can someone have a 48 inch chest but 18" shoulder width?

That's because shoulder width as a measurement doesn't exist and doesn't have a significant effect on the fit.

One bit of info from lostworldsinc.com that I completely agree with:
"We are often asked to provide "shoulder measurement." In genuine tailoring no such measurement exists as there is no seam:seam length to measure. Further every (pseudo) "shoulder measurement" would differ according to armhole and sleeve configuration, which differs in every style and every mfg. Others, however, will provide this "length." We will not, as it has nothing to do with correct fit, misleads more than leads, and we're sticklers for correctness."

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That's because shoulder width as a measurement doesn't exist and doesn't have a significant effect on the fit.

One bit of info from lostworldsinc.com that I completely agree with:
"We are often asked to provide "shoulder measurement." In genuine tailoring no such measurement exists as there is no seam:seam length to measure. Further every (pseudo) "shoulder measurement" would differ according to armhole and sleeve configuration, which differs in every style and every mfg. Others, however, will provide this "length." We will not, as it has nothing to do with correct fit, misleads more than leads, and we're sticklers for correctness."

I have heard this elsewhere but there are some jackets I can't get on because the shoulder measurements are too narrow 18 inches, as it happens, yet everything else is correct. I also know that if a jacket has 22 inch shoulder width and is right in every other department it looks incredibly baggy and the seam ends up half way up my arm. The width definitely has a huge impact on fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ