Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cafe Racer - Cut Question

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
Hello, I wanted to take advantage of the knowledge of this community to ask a few questions about the Aero Cafe Racer jacket. Does Aero's Cafe Racer has canted sleeves or not? That is - are the sleeves cut such that the leather is uncreased with the arms raised and creased when the arms are relaxed at the riders side? Is this an option that you can specify with Aero? I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on advantages/disadvantages to the canted sleeves in FQHH. I own a cafe racer with canted sleeves and really like that:
  • The jacket doesn't lift around your ears when you raise your arms in a riding position.
  • I don't have popping of the bi-swing back when the arms are at my sides - the extra leater helps with this even when I'm wearing a thick layer underneath the jacket.

My jacket is goat so I don't know how much of the comfort/fit can be attributed to the more pliable leather instead of the fact it has canted arms.

Cheers all

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hello, I wanted to take advantage of the knowledge of this community to ask a few questions about the Aero Cafe Racer jacket. Does Aero's Cafe Racer has canted sleeves or not? That is - are the sleeves cut such that the leather is uncreased with the arms raised and creased when the arms are relaxed at the riders side? Is this an option that you can specify with Aero? I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on advantages/disadvantages to the canted sleeves in FQHH. I own a cafe racer with canted sleeves and really like that:
  • The jacket doesn't lift around your ears when you raise your arms in a riding position.
  • I don't have popping of the bi-swing back when the arms are at my sides - the extra leater helps with this even when I'm wearing a thick layer underneath the jacket.

My jacket is goat so I don't know how much of the comfort/fit can be attributed to the more pliable leather instead of the fact it has canted arms.

Cheers all

I believe what you're speaking of is underarm footballs...

Aero doesn't do this on their cafe' racer jackets. If you want the jacket fitted, I wouldn't go for this feature...only a few companies have ever done it right and they only did it right for a short period of time...two examples are the Bates jackets of the 1960s and the Langlitz jackets, but Langlitz doesn't make a good straight zip cafe' racer. We tighten the Aero Cafe' Racer backs up even more through going with a different back design and peeps still have a lot of movement, whether they're on a GSXR, or Chopper, or just drinking a beer....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider