Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cafe Racer sz 38 Black CXL Steer w/tartan

GregO

One of the Regulars
SOLD. Thanks, Mat.

$575 shipped CONUS, via Paypal gift.

Aero Cafe' Racer in size 38 -- please see measurements below. It's made with Full Grain Chromexcel Steerhide, and lined with a Lochcarron lightweight wool tartan (the tartan pattern is called Tweedside). This jacket was constructed in a modified Buco J100 style -- two chest pockets, classic straight yoke back (no shoulder gussets), sleeve zippers set on the outside of the sleeve (like on the Board Racer), nickel hardware with bell pulls, and Board Racer collar. This jacket has no interior pockets.

The grain on the leather of this particular jacket is absolutely stunning. I have had many leather jackets, including steerhide, horsehide and goat from Aero, but the grain on this particular jacket is simply the nicest I have seen -- and it is still new! I can only imagine what the leather on this jacket will look like after it has been broken in. I hate to sell it for this very reason, but the jacket is just a bit on the small side for me.

This jacket has been tried on a handful of times by me in my home. It has never been worn out of the house -- I kept trying it on hoping it would magically fit, but alas, no such luck. The leather has not been broken in at all -- the new owner will have that privilege. The leather shows a few extremely minor marks that that is typical with all quality leather that has been handled. Photos show condition.

This jacket was over $1100 new from Insurrection (a/k/a Thurston Bros.) in Seattle.

I have recent excellent transactions with fellow TFL'ers, and can provide references if you would like.

Jacket measurements:
Back length (measured from collar seam to hem, so excludes collar) --25.2 inches
Sleeve length (measured from shoulder seam to cuff) --26.1 inches
Pit-to-pit --21.5 inches
Shoulder (measured straight across back) --18 inches
Front length (measured from collar seam, so excludes collar)--20.5 inches

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points