Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero cafes in cxl, LIGHTWEIGHT horsehide, and full grain roughout...

BobJ

Practically Family
A collaboration with Epaulet. Video shows, beautifully, some of Aero's leathers, including a couple I've never seen or heard of before. Perhaps they're exclusive to Epaulet. They show heavyweight chromexcel, midweight oil pull, full grain roughout in walnut, and a "lightweight" horsehide that drapes easily, has a soft hand, and comes in brown, oxblood, and black.

Cordovan_Lightweight_Front_text_grande.jpg

Walnut_Roughout_Main_text_grande.jpg

VIDEO:

WEBSITE: https://epauletnewyork.com/products...o-order-cafe-racer-jacket?variant=35174652105

ai00344

One of the Regulars
Cool video. That CLX oxblood is awesome. Like the fact there is minimal splay at the zipper and no action back

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
The jackets are the Aero Board Racer pattern. I would order trough Carrie from Thurston bros. or direct at Aero.

The jackets are the Aero Board Racer pattern. I would order trough Carrie from Thurston bros. or direct at Aero.
I imagine if the model in the photos had done that he'd have ended up in a standard CR, cut shorter and better suited to his frame. That board racer pattern seems best for tall thin guys. Those pics don't do the jacket justice and I've seen much better fits around here.

I believe the oxblood is actually CXL #8 Burgandy. It's heavenly and thick as concrete.
There's something about the suede...I want to like it but I don't.

I already typed this down but decided not to post but yeah, I really try to be at least impartial to it but I just can't stand the sight of suede... I just strongly dislike the stuff.

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
Only suede I've seen that makes a nice jacket is veg tan that is orangish-tan and as a levis style trucker jacket. I 've never liked suede for any other jackets. It works well for boots but only after they have had a year or two of wear and the suede becomes more of a rough out.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I did see an awesome Thedi CR in suede...cant seem to find it now, I'll have a better look and post it if i find it.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I fail to understand their business plan.
They are more expensive than Thurston, whilst not offering stock to try or any sizing jacket, and they are more expensive than going straight to Aero even if you factor in shipping and taxes.
Why buy from them? So you can spend more? They talk about it like they are offering a great deal, i don't see it.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I fail to understand their business plan.
They are more expensive than Thurston, whilst not offering stock to try or any sizing jacket, and they are more expensive than going straight to Aero even if you factor in shipping and taxes.
Why buy from them? So you can spend more? They talk about it like they are offering a great deal, i don't see it.

...but its from NY! it must be better and worth more...somehow...

I'm guessing their clients might not be bothered by a few hundred dollars here and there and the brand name is "known" around the styleforum circles from what I understand.

BobJ

Practically Family
Yeah, I wasn't interested in the company itself, I was just surprised to see Aero offering roughout as an option, and, especially, LIGHTWEIGHT horsehide! That is something I would be interested in for a cafe racer (for casual wear, not riding).

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
But you are not even getting an "epaulet" label in the jacket! They are literally charging $300 for an epaulet branded coat hanger... If it even comes with the jacket.
I am confused.

Epaulet is an excellent menswear provider with top-notch customer service. They are charging a premium for the jacket, but 99% of Epaulet customers have never heard of Aero or Thurston Brothers and may feel more comfortable buying from Epaulet. I wouldn't, but I can understand how some may.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21