Aero Connolly Steerhide zip sleeve, short waisted, four pocket HWM 44

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by jonbuilder, Aug 6, 2020.

1. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

I selling this fine example of an Aero jacket to replenish funds recently expended on multiple jackets. I like the jacket very much brought it from Ken when he hosted a jacket forum and still actively ran Aero. I am 175 lbs. 5-9 with a 43 chest, 34 waisted and it fits well. I would describe the size a true to trim 44 perhaps a roomy 42, not two sizes large like Aero's current HWM. The only fault I find is the ball is missing from one of the sleeve zippers pulls. $450
    Pit to pit 24.5 including
    Hem 20.5 expanded, 19 sinched
    Shoulders 20.5 outside of the shoulder gusset
    Arms along the curve 25.5

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fd6.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fd5.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fd7.jpg tn+DqpB%S5uTLe4oj2eKQg_thumb_fdd.jpg z+hA4lvtSje0Un+D%dVDWA_thumb_fda.jpg P2uPcm9pT5O7ZoIHRri1rg_thumb_fdb.jpg 20VJY2+tSAynOwyPUwqkfA_thumb_fdc.jpg 1k+XFkH%TMaUatO6dvRf2Q_thumb_fe1.jpg vRvT2nP5RAyHEOMP7feWtg_thumb_fde.jpg STn+eC8SRIKrnqTOZY+S3g_thumb_fdf.jpg

JMax, Ribdoner, Jrolfe and 6 others like this.
  2. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow!

Unique jacket, early Aero, Connolly Steerhide, makers backstory from a respected seller. Jacket has a lot going for it in the huge leather jacket world.

3. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Great looking jacket. Superb.
    GLWS

jonbuilder likes this.
  4. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

I still don't quite get the allure of the Connolly, can someone enlighten me?

5. Monitor

Monitor

This indeed is something special and rare. It's a so called Motorcycle Highwayman in its most original form, exactly as it was advertised in Aero's paper ad flyer. They've stopped making these or maybe replaced them with a zip sleeve HWM currently in the MC line but this one's my favorite.

jonbuilder likes this.
  6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

It's all in the feel, and the smell of this leather. I owned a highwayman briefly with this leather, however the sleeves were almost 2" too short. It's also the chosen type of leather used in Rolls Royce automobiles for many years before they ( Connolly )shut down. Most likely priced themselves out of the market. Google search the name, you will find a lot.

jonbuilder likes this.
  7. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

Bump very stylist jacket think Howard Hughes

8. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

still available

9. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

bump

10. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

If you are comfortable wearing a waist-length jacket, This connoly HWM is an ace. This is the jacket I would wear when I attended business and social dinner parties with my wife