Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[Aero] Corduroy strip along the hem

mexl916

New in Town
Dear friends,

Holly from Aero mentioned in another thread that they are not longer willing to place a leather strip along the hem. Instead of the leather strip, they will offer a corduroy strip in order to protect the lining.

Have anybody received a jacket including this corduroy strip? Some pictures would be very helpful...

Regards,
Mexl

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
aero1.JPG

Here's a pic of my Highwayman with it.
I specifically wanted the Courderoy because it's more comfy and less bulky than the leather.
It lets the jacket conform more naturally to your body.
Plus, it has a beautiful sheen to it.
So far, it's wearing very well with only the slightest abrasion showing where the belts bunch it up.
Lenny

nerkg

Familiar Face
aero1.JPG

Here's a pic of my Highwayman with it.
I specifically wanted the Courderoy because it's more comfy and less bulky than the leather.
It lets the jacket conform more naturally to your body.
Plus, it has a beautiful sheen to it.
So far, it's wearing very well with only the slightest abrasion showing where the belts bunch it up.
Lenny
Why didn't you just get all cord lining

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I would imagine that a 2" strip would be adequate, primarily to protect the lining at the buckles.

53Effie

A-List Customer
The one on my half belt deluxe is two inches wide and seems to be adequate...time will tell, I guess.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Yes, I think I have an interior picture of the jacket. I will try to post it for you this evening. My jacket has the black watch tartan lining with a black corduroy strip. When I ordered it Aero would still to a leather strip at the bottom, but there was $50.00 charge and they actually recommended the corduroy; so I opted to do that.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
good stuff the Corduroy strips. I have some Original HH jackets with the stuff so they were probably installed in the pricy jackets of yesteryear
I have a Aero HWM holds up well with my Biker belts with a 5'' strip of it..
& when i do relines on jackets i have Corduroy put in the bottom ......Looks Good too

tkoy

New in Town
This is great info and indeed looks good. I think I will need to have a cord strip put on my 1930's half belt. After a couple of weeks wearing the jacket I noticed the tartan lining at the hem is getting indigo rubbed off from my jeans. And because I wear raw denim which is rougher I'm worried the lining will get more wear and tear.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Having some kind of strip is useful. My 1930's half belt has cotton drill lining that has dropped and pokes out half an inch under the hem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points