Aero Daytona Battered Seal HH Irvin Fur

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Canuck Panda, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda New in Town

[​IMG]
    Tumbled Brown CXL vs Battered Seal HH color difference. CXL has more red, Battered Seal has more brown.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Size 40, ordered directly from Aero. Sleeves +1", body length +.5"
    I measured the jacket laying flat using a yard/metre stick and this is the measurements I got:
    Shoulder 19" / P2P 22" (seam to seam, if measured from end to end its 24.5") / Bottom Hem 20" / Sleeves 26" / Length 26"
    Measurements I gave Aero for this jacket:
    Chest 39.5" / 41"; Belly button 37.5"; Waist 38.5"; Height 6'0"
    This jacket is about 5.6 lbs, about the same as a size 38 cafe racer in CXL leather.
    It is hard to see in the photos but this jacket has a very noticeable "V" shape thing going on, and big arms and hulking back, typical of the 1950s biker jackets as I've read.
    The battered seal HH is not soft. It is stiff. I read that there is a wax coat on top and I think that's why it's stiff. Feels very much like my old waxed jackets, but thicker.
    There was a size 38 Daytona in the old threads in CXL. I am posting info for size 40 and in mid weight horsehide. Hope you find information helpful. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Carlos840, Guppy, handymike and 9 others like this.
  2. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Slightly difficult to gauge the overall look with the untucked shirt, I’m afraid.

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  3. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Lol I initially thought it had red knits!

4. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Fits you great. And it's such a cool jacket!

Canuck Panda likes this.
  5. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

That’s a cool jacket and the hide seems pretty substantial. I like the fit too! Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canuck Panda likes this.
  6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I love that! Brilliant jacket and the fit looks good! You need some shorter flannels is all. Super cool jacket!

Canuck Panda likes this.
  7. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great pic in the sunlight too! Shows the battered effect and colour really well.

Canuck Panda likes this.
  8. How can anyone really tell the body length of the jacket? Looking closely it does seem it would be up above the waistline or belt. Yet some like it that way.

9. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

Definitely tough to judge with the untucked shirt.

10. Edward

Edward Bartender

Great looking jacket - first Daytona I've seen in the wild. Is there any difference to the J106 other than the repositioned 'handwarmer' pocket?

11. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda New in Town

I don’t know about the difference between j106 and Daytona as I don’t have both...maybe one day...
    But the Daytona “handwarmer pocket” is not really a hand warmer pocket. It is not lined. It is just a zipped map pocket that can be wind blocking for the hand but cold leather feel. Still works though.

12. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda New in Town

Mich486 likes this.
  13. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'd have expected that - same D pocket as the 106, but rearranged.