Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero "flare"

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Aero jackets certainly have it - flare - but what I'm talking about in this case is the way the halfbelt and related styles tend to flare out where the belt and buckle aduster is. It's a look I'm not sure I'm keen on, and yet all the Aero designs I favour seem to have the belt-and-buckle there.

Should I take up meditation and not worry about it, or is there some way around the problem? Could you dispense with the adjuster altogether in a jacket like this (http://tinyurl.com/yzgnesk) or would that ruin the cut? Could I put a Highwayman belt on such a jacket instead? Come one, Aero obsesives, throw your suggestions at me!

Sir J

Fiver64

Practically Family
Aero eases your pain...

IMHO, in chatting with other "Aerophiles" and having a couple of my own, Aero will generally do just about any customization that you request, unless it completely throws off the entire design of a particular jacket. In this case. they would undoubtedly recommend a different cut or style. In any case. they are big on customer service and will bend over backwards to make you happy.

John Lever

One Too Many
I think the flaring is caused by the waist being to large and the belts being too high. I have had similar problems and find it very annoying. Ask them to make the waist smaller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner