Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Fontana CR Black steer CXL v. 1.0

Man alive! The good folks at Aero have once again brought a huge smile to my face with another absolute masterpiece of design and craftsmanship! I realize a dedicated thread on this jacket probably isn't necessary ( there's an abundance of Aero CR threads) but I really want to publicly thank Aero and specifically Julie Leitch for her unparalleled skill. And I can't forget to thank Carrie for her first class professionalism and top tier customer service. As usual she was an absolute delight to do business with and I can't recommend her service enough.

This jacket is a Fontana cafe racer ( a Thurston Bros. design) with the zippered cuffs moved to the outside of the cuff. Unlike the more popular Buco j-100 repops, this jacket is very reminisciant of a vintage Bates. I love the board racer and Buco patterns but fear they wouldn't be ideal for my shape. My hope was to take those jackets lovely design elements and move them to the standard CR pattern so it looked like those iconic old Bates CR's. The back of the jacket with a single point yoke really brings that together. A center seam, in retrospect would've been perfect.

Made from requested heaviest available CXL steerhide this sucker is stiff as a board. Not overly heavy, right around 7lbs. Lined in OD drill and contrast OD stitching, two pocket only config. The back has a single point western yoke and gussets at the shoulder. Sz. 42" w/27" sleeve and back length.

I requested the chest zips be set as a slight angle, ala a board racer/ vintage Bates and like @Monitor 's CR, all the jackets zips are the bell pull talon #5's (not sure if I'll keep the nipple tasseles on the chest zips yet). It's a very simple and sleek jacket, one that I believe I'll get plenty of versatile use from.
I've long been hunting for a proper fitting CR and I do believe I've found it. Thanks again to Aero, Julie in particular and Carrie for making my second and final jacket purchase* this year a reality!
* = subject to change.

My pics, as usual, are underwhelming but you get the idea.
IMG_9103.JPG

IMG_9104.JPG

IMG_9106.JPG

IMG_9107.JPG

IMG_9076.JPG

IMG_9100.JPG

IMG_9031.JPG

IMG_9035.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great Ton!

27 inches is long, but works perfectly. How tall are you?
I'm short man. 5'11. Probably closer to 5'10 really. But I have found 27" body and sleeves work. I'd have never thought so but all my used Aero purchases with anything less were sold on b/c of it!

dannyk

One Too Many
Thanks man. I love it. I fear I might be slipping into a CR rabbit hole now. I swore this would be it.
View attachment 112294
Thanks man. I love it. I fear I might be slipping into a CR rabbit hole now. I swore this would be it.
View attachment 112294
I’m in a perfecto style rabbit hole. I grew up listening to The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones etc... I said I need that. The last 3 years I’ve collected 3 different styles of literal Perfectos and a Vanson Chopper. Now I’m looking at a Vanson Commando or the Cycle King/Champ they do for HD. Then I see this and I’m like yeah maybe I need one of those. Aero does have some fun colors to play with. I’ve quickly learned there is no “one more and I’m out” in this obsession of ours.

I’m in a perfecto style rabbit hole. I grew up listening to The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones etc... I said I need that. The last 3 years I’ve collected 3 different styles of literal Perfectos and a Vanson Chopper. Now I’m looking at a Vanson Commando or the Cycle King/Champ they do for HD. Then I see this and I’m like yeah maybe I need one of those. Aero does have some fun colors to play with. I’ve quickly learned there is no “one more and I’m out” in this obsession of ours.
Oh man that Vanson/HD cycle champ. I know that jacket. It's not easy to come across. I believe the HD museum site in Wisconsin was selling them for a bit. Killer jacket. King of the cross zips.

Oh man that Vanson/HD cycle champ. I know that jacket. It's not easy to come across. I believe the HD museum site in Wisconsin was selling them for a bit. Killer jacket. King of the cross zips.

Great, I read this and somehow get jacked up and pumped to go purchase the Vanson Cycle Champ jacket. Been eye balling it for almost a year. Must resist...I have the "lesser" Brimaco version. It is great. Be happy, settle down...

Your new CR is amazing. And that 2012 blue model also is very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk