Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman Custom

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Hi,
Here's a few photos of my new Aero Highwayman custom. I had 2 angled chest pockets added, the lower ones zippered closure too, one inside zip closing chest pocket and on the other side a press stud closing one. I also had a press studded tab added to the bottom front of the zip and had the waist narrowed so that it would fit snugger even when the buckles weren't done up. It's more tapered than boxy now. I also had an inch off the bottom to suit my shortarssed frame

I've had 4 Aeros in the past, 2 Highwaymen, a half-belt and a half-belt long. All stock sizes, they've either been too darn heavy (in the case of the half-belts) or a bit too long in the body. This one is perfect.

Photos show the jacket. When lighting conditions are better (i.e. the snow has gone) I'll get photos of it on me.

Oh, it's the vintaged brown HH which feels lighter than my old HH jackets (might be the tartan liner) and the surface has almost been slightly taken off it and the grain is evident all over the place.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

Cheers,
Dave

Edward

Bartender
Impressive range of features there, Dave.... Did you specifically request the "custom made for..." label, or was that something they put in as standard? Also interested in the zip fastening in your internal pocket - your own specification, I presume?

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Hi Edward ,
The custom label was something Will offered me. Not sure if it's standard. You know how it is with Aero, they do all the extras you want and don't seem to charge much- if anything - for them.

The two pockets internally with one zipped and t'other press stud was Will's idea. I like to bike with as little as possible by way of luggage and bum bags etc and so wanted to have as much storage space as possible in the jacket.

I'm going to be talking to them in the New Year about a pair of custom 60's style leather jeans too.

Aero are the ACE maker of jackets IMVHO.

It would be interesting to see an A-2 made of the vintaged HH. The grain is awesome.

Cheers,
Dave

Papa M

A-List Customer
Lovin' your variation on the Highwayman! That little snap closure at the bottom of the zip is very smart. And the vintage brown hide is spectacular.

Please God your bike is as classy as your jacket!:)

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Hey Papa !
I'm not sure what you might call a 'classy' bike. Here's mine .......

IMG_1709.jpg

Is it sufficiently classy ? :)

Dave

andy richards

Practically Family
That is a very nice jacket Dave. Congratulations! All the details, pockets, lining, colour and label makes this jacket a true "custom-one-of-a-kind". Last week my LHB came in, also with some nice specs. Aero is a real customer friendly company. Enjoy your jacket! Love to see some pictures when you are wearing it.
Cheers,
Andy

Creeping Past

One Too Many
That looks fantastic. They really make their patterns work for them! And the vintage horse is very fine.

Can I ask, did you get narrower side panels put in to aid the slim fit?

Cooperson

One Too Many
Very nice indeed. I would also be interested to know if you had the side panels reduced or just the waist band. I'm not familiar with the lining pattern - is it a type of Grant? Would like to see some pictures of it being worn.

Many congrats and enjoy!

Cheers

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Cooperson, I asked for the side panels to be tapered - I need the shoulder width.

The tartan was called a 'New York' or 'New York Police' or some such. I'll check the delivery note to see if it's specified.

Felix, thanks mate !! The bike is a 2005 Kawasaki W650. A very modern looking retro bike with a working kick-start to boot. A great bike; not too powerful (670cc) with lovely handling characteristics. I recommend them to anybody.

Cheers, Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy