1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

aero italian horsehide question

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dinomartino1, Mar 11, 2019.

1. dinomartino1

dinomartino1 One of the Regulars

Aero Italian horsehide a question about the thickness and softness they call it midweight.

Just about all of my horsehide jackets have been originals so I don't have much to compare with except an older buzz rickson's rough wear I have.
    I find that comfortable to wear and fairly light.
    I would not like anything more heavy weight than that, I know this a bit vague but how does the italian horsehide from aero compare with a buzz if anybody has ever owned both.

I 'm looking at cordovan and the Italian is the lightest weight leather aero has in that colour, and most here seem to think it drapes better

My next colour option would be seal in anything but goat, would anything seal be much lighter than the italian or would they be about the same. Other options would also be 75 pounds less.

2. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Ive handled both and I would say Buzz and Aero Vicenza are pretty much on a par, weight-wise.

dinomartino1 likes this.
  3. dinomartino1

dinomartino1 One of the Regulars

Thanks, thats not too heavy.