Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero jacket in new Freddy Mercury film?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Right then sharp eyes :) Did anyone spot an Aero jacket in the cinema preview of Bohemian Rhapsody? Not sure I did but it looked like an Aero label during a 'Live Aid' segment of the preview.
I won't say where exactly so you can get to the flicks and see it on there, as it's not in the Youtube version I checked.
Happy watching ;)

Go on Aero, prove me wrong or was it a Half Belt?
Johnny T

Edward

Bartender
What did it look like? As an aside, it's not unthinkable that Ken might have made the jacket originally worn by Freddie Mercury, as though the Aero name didn't appear as we know it until the early-mid 80s, he was already making leathers in the 70s and selling them, to big names. Given he made the jacket Bowie wore on the cover of Heroes....

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
What did it look like? As an aside, it's not unthinkable that Ken might have made the jacket originally worn by Freddie Mercury, as though the Aero name didn't appear as we know it until the early-mid 80s, he was already making leathers in the 70s and selling them, to big names. Given he made the jacket Bowie wore on the cover of Heroes....

Ah yes, what did it look like? A so quick glimpse of a label, almost in silhouette of the actor playing Freddie. Go on get down to your local Odeon and watch the trailers haha.
By the time of Live aid I think Aero were probably well established, probably in Scotland by this time and maybe Ken did make Freddie's original jacket and other leather stage wear.

PS. Was it Freddy or Freddie? I was not the greatest Queen fan in the 80s and only really started listening to Queen until the 1990s. Of course over the years I heard (as opposed to listened) Queen's music but wasn't really into this sort of rock.

Edward

Bartender
Freddy or Freddie, I don't know..... they were always a bit too 'safe dadrock' for me. :)

Some good shots of the Bowie jacket here:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/bowies-heros-jacket.84814/

What jacket is it Mercury is wearing in it - was it the yellow one that looked like a sort of military jacket? That would seem abit 'fancy dress' for Aero, but if he has a cool leather jacket on otherwise, it's a possibility. Aero have also done a few films in the past, including making a modified Bootlegger for Captain America.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Aero did make the jacket in the film, well spotted! We've not seen this trailer yet.

It's a jerky horsehide modified Aero Bike jacket, with red cotton lining. It was a copy of an aged Bike jacket in a photo supplied by the production team, Jerky was chosen as they planned to age the jacket to match the age in the picture and it'd be a quicker process with this leather.

We can’t say for sure if Freddie Mercury ever had one of my dad's jackets but he did work in one of his shops for about a week, around 1969/1970... interestingly at the same time as Syd Barrett’s girlfriend at the time.

As for the 'Bowie' jacket, we’ve just made Limited Edition a reconstruction of the original late 60’s jacket for Basic Rights, it’s to be in their Berlin Collection, I can't find a link to that on their site now, but there was a photo up on their instagram - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn1f7PoA55i/?taken-by=basicrights

Edward

Bartender
Now that's a new one - we've all heard of a long list of celebrities that Ken has quietly jacketed over the years, but this is the first one I've heard of him employing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto