Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero leather B3 and Wareing Coal 1930s driving coat.

Fury964

Familiar Face
Hi all

I don't post here very often but I have just purchased two leather jackets and thought that if anyone knows anything about them, it would be here.

So here goes. The first one I hope is fairley easy. It's an Aero Leather USAAF/Army B3 bomber jacket.
In quite good condition apart from a tear in one cuff, the collar and the flap behind the zip and some damage done by the buckles on the collar - should I sew these up?
It has had a replacement zip but it looks as though it was done many years ago and they replaced the zip with a Lightning brand zip. The leather is nice and flexible on the sleeves as is the sheep skin. All buckles are present as is the label, pocket and leather tab for hanging the jacket up.
I can't seem to find much info on it, certainly not as much as the Irvin jackets? So, my first question is this: How common are they and should I insure it if it's not common. If this is the case, how much could it be worth? And before anyone asks, it's not for sale ;0)

The second question relates to what I believe to be a 1920/30s, 3/4 length leather motoring coat (rather than an RFC - if only- pilots coat as it has no map pocket on the chest). The company name that is on the label is 'Wareing Coal' or possibly 'Wareing Coat' and the lining looks to be wool with a tartan pattern to it which does have an apple sized hole in it. The leather is still supple but looks to be in need of some treatment and has suffered some quite harsh scuffs and scrapes but has no tears. I am looking to use Effax Leather balm.
Again I don't seem to be able to find the company name listed and I was wondering if it has any relation to the company 'Wareings' that manufactured flying helmets during WWII.
Is this worth insuring and if so for how much?

Many thanks to anyone that reads this and can offer any enlightenment.

Rob.

Last edited:

Fury964

Familiar Face
B3 pictures
DSCF8423.jpg

DSCF8426.jpg

DSCF8609.jpg

DSCF8607.jpg

DSCF8604.jpg

DSCF8602.jpg

DSCF8601.jpg