Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather D1

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
This is my first try with an Aero Military jacket. Aero D1 redskin. I saw the jacket at
the Aero USAAF Winter Quartermasters Store.

Size 36 but measurements are bigger than the size 40. See for yourself : #021 Type D-1 Size 40" Redskin, Pit to pit: 22", Sleeve: 23.5", Back: 25", Shoulder: 19.5", the size 36 wich i ordered #024 Type D-1 Size 36", Redskin/Russet trim, Pit to Pit: 23", Sleeve: 23.5", Back: 26", Shoulder: 20". There was a typo at Aero's website: Sleeves are actually 25,5'
concerning the label and my measurement.

For
comparison I wear a size 36 in Highwayman, size 38 in 1950 Half Belt, size 40 in 1930 Half Belt and Cafe racer and size 42 in Board Racer jackets from Aero. Length of my other jackets 24,5'-25,5', Sleeves 23,5'. I can freely move also with the heavy sweater. But i don't think I can size down on this style. So beware and add some inches to your usual size and go by measurement and not by the size on the label. ;)

Pictures with shirt and heavy sweater:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Great jacket Insmnia. How do you find the thermal qualities and the hide in general? I have a B6 in the same sheepskin on order with Aero and I'm hoping it's not too toasty for the average 10 degree temps of the Australian winter.

Garry

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
Great jacket Insmnia. How do you find the thermal qualities and the hide in general? I have a B6 in the same sheepskin on order with Aero and I'm hoping it's not too toasty for the average 10 degree temps of the Australian winter.

Garry

The hide has an nice hand and is soft. It is a surprising light jacket comparing to my FQHH jackets. When I got the package I thought it was empty :) . Delivery from Scotland to Germany took one day! The jacket is very comfortable from the beginning, no need for a break in time. But the jacket is warm, my intention is to wear it under 10 degree.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Really sharp, including outstanding pics. The Aero D1 would be my #1 choice if I were to obtain one for myself. Unfortunately not much use for sheepskin in N Texas.

Edward

Bartender
Perfect fit, great looking jacket. It's hard to beat the look of that redskin hide, too. I had this wild notion recently of consiering whether it would be possible to have a J106 made from that, with Russet trim / D pocket, et cetera....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto