Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Hippie Jacket

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Picked it up used on the 'bay. Aero's "Hippie" model in an orange-tan mid-weight steerhide. Thought I'd share some photos because there aren't very many out there!
I've been lusting after one of these for a while, by then my love affair with it had kind of vanished, but saw one on the 'bay and had a flashback and had to get it. Not sure if I'll wear it often but it is a semi-historical Aero artifact/neat jacket. This one's a size "Large" and fits like a 38/40. Sleeves are suffocatingly trim but it may be because they're about three inches short for my arms. Rear has a very pronounced slope so the thing is bolero in the back. As a non-tucker, it is what it is. I almost went for a custom one of these a few years ago, but decided against it and am glad one was for sale.
Thanks for looking!
IMG_4076.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4069.JPG

IMG_4067.JPG

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Picked it up used on the 'bay. Aero's "Hippie" model in an orange-tan mid-weight steerhide. Thought I'd share some photos because there aren't very many out there!
I've been lusting after one of these for a while, by then my love affair with it had kind of vanished, but saw one on the 'bay and had a flashback and had to get it. Not sure if I'll wear it often but it is a semi-historical Aero artifact/neat jacket. This one's a size "Large" and fits like a 38/40. Sleeves are suffocatingly trim but it may be because they're about three inches short for my arms. Rear has a very pronounced slope so the thing is bolero in the back. As a non-tucker, it is what it is. I almost went for a custom one of these a few years ago, but decided against it and am glad one was for sale.
Thanks for looking!
View attachment 69003
View attachment 69004
View attachment 69005
View attachment 69008

View attachment 69007
View attachment 69006

Them's a lot of pockets.
What could you keep in them?
Harmonicas, ticket stubs, weed, passports for different identities, pictures of your wife, pictures of someone else's wife, wads of cash in different currencies... ;)

That is a unique jacket and looks good on you, despite th arm length (which isn't too bad at all).
Good find!

It's a really sweet jacket! Something else but that's only a good thing. Plenty features I've never seen on an Aero jacket before. I really dig the collar. And we all know what the pockets are for. Also, it's cool to see they actually can use real zippers instead of that stuff you'd normally find on a women's purse.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Colin Farrell used to wear one. Here he is in it on the cover of Details magazine, which looks to have all sorts of useful advice in it! :)

Colin Farrell Hippy.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Hippie jacket, but the largest size that Aero made was a 42" to 44", and I'm probably a 46" these days. Still, it no doubt saved me from a fashion faux pas...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Did I mention no stash zip under the collar? :/

Sloan, the leather isn't significantly weighty or thick. But I have the same problem where it gets really tight when bending the arms. If anything, this jacket discourages smoking!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I suspect that's because it's well broken in. That stuff was touted by Will as super heavy steer and I have to say that I didn't question him on this occasion as it was like a suit of armour brand new.

Edward

Bartender
This is the first one of thse I've ever seen in the wild. Always looked to me like a jacket you might see a Star Wars character wearing in a bar scene, that sort of mix of utility, workwear, quasi-militaqry style. Looks like it's made from a nice hide. Also had no idea they had a zip-sleeve!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch