Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Jacket A-1

Alex_Russ

Vendor
Hello

F.S. Aero A-1 from very nice leather, the leather is thick and durable, but soft and very comfortable.

Perfect condition without signs of wear.

Measurements:

armpit to armpit approx 23"

across the shoulders approx 19"

length down the back from the base of the collar approx 25"

sleeve length from the shoulder to the end of the knits approx 24.5"

£400 (free shipping with tracking number from Russia about 14-21 days)

I accept Paypal

My feedback ratings on Ebay:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=krapiva81

Last edited:

Tboneyeah

New in Town
Hello. Can you describe the fit of this jacket? I ask because those measurements seem more like a size 40 or smaller. I prefer a more snug fit in jackets as well. Thanks!

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I'm new to the whole measurement thing. So does armpit-to-armpit X 2 = Chest Size?

No, it doesn't. The actual garment measurement (pit to pit, whether doubled or not) is one thing, the tagged size is another thing.

In vintage suits and outerwear, sizing is true to the actual body measurement. This means that a size 42, for instance, is made to fit someone who has an actual chest measurement (his own body measurement, taken pit to pit with only a shirt on) of 42 inches. A jacket in that size needs to have some allowance added to these 42", the amount of which is determined firstly by the fashions of the time and secondly by personal preference. In other words, if you're particular about the exact measurements, you have to find out for yourself how much allowance for movement you want or need.

In vintage suits and leather jackets, an added 3-4" to the actual body measurement is the norm, as Dinerman said. Sometimes an addition of a little less (2") or a little more (5") than the standard 3-4" can be an adequate fit, but this applies mostly to very specific suit jacket cuts of very specific periods, and it necessitates other idiosyncracies of the cut, otherwise it wouldn't fit correctly. In other words, with 3-4" allowance you're on the safe side.

Aero follows the logic of vintage sizing. Many other reproduction labels do the same. The sizing of contemporary fashion brands is all over the place and sometimes has very little logic to it (keyword: vanity sizing).

Last edited:

Alex_Russ

Vendor
No, it doesn't. The actual garment measurement (pit to pit, whether doubled or not) is one thing, the tagged size is another thing.

In vintage suits and outerwear, sizing is true to the actual body measurement. This means that a size 42, for instance, is made to fit someone who has an actual chest measurement (his own body measurement, taken pit to pit with only a shirt on) of 42 inches. A jacket in that size needs to have some allowance added to these 42", the amount of which is determined firstly by the fashions of the time and secondly by personal preference. In other words, if you're particular about the exact measurements, you have to find out for yourself how much allowance for movement you want or need.

In vintage suits and leather jackets, an added 3-4" to the actual body measurement is the norm, as Dinerman said. Sometimes an addition of a little less (2") or a little more (5") than the standard 3-4" can be an adequate fit, but this applies mostly to very specific suit jacket cuts of very specific periods, and it necessitates other idiosyncracies of the cut, otherwise it wouldn't fit correctly. In other words, with 3-4" allowance you're on the safe side.

Aero follows the logic of vintage sizing. Many other reproduction labels do the same. The sizing of contemporary fashion brands is all over the place and sometimes has very little logic to it (keyword: vanity sizing).

Nik, thank you! Exactly, my chest measurement of 102 -104 cm, or 41" and size of this jacket is comfortably for me

Alex_Russ

Vendor
If you need more photos or measurements, please ask.
It's really great jacket, but I need to let it go for the purchase of tools for my hobby

Alex_Russ

Vendor
Also I have G-1 Brill Bros. in mint condition without holes, scratches, abrasions and etc.

300$ including free shipping with tracking number from Russia about 14-21 days

Last edited:

Tboneyeah

New in Town

Thank you so much for that detailed, informative response. It gave me new insight into how jackets are supposed to fit based in their makers, styles, and and cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ