Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather new natural veg tanned Vicenza horsehide

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like it on an artistic basis but would never actually buy one to wear. Forget about the balancing act of keeping it clean but letting it age and darken nicely, I'm just way too fair skinned to look anyway half decent in this colour.

I'm really interested to see nick123's jacket when it arrives and how it ages though, hopefully you love it when it arrives and it gets years of regular use.

Edward

Bartender
The paler it makes me look the better - I never did shake the old goth aesthetic.... ;) I really like the look of this. I'dlove a Summer leather in it, but yes, I'd be wary of letting it near denim.

Most of the Natural Leather jackets I've seen are mostly worn by denim fans and they get stained everywhere, specially the MF Campus because it is unlined. I would not be able to stand those blue stains all over the jacket. If someone decides to wear it with a more dressy style and not with denim this would not happen and it wouldn't reach that beaten up look some people love.

Aero Leather Natural Veg tanned Vicenza seems to be a darker shade. I'm thinking of a Sea Biscuit jacket in this leather... and talking about Sea Biscuit:

vETXLlt.jpg

uZEFKny.jpg

This looks very similar in colour to the one from Aero Leather and I think it looks great. If you treat the jacket with enough care you won't look like a homeless or someone from a Mad Max movie.

Funnily enough, the Seabiscuit was one style I thought would look pretty cool in this....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think it's one of those colours that you'd go through various phases with: you start off loving the clean, pristine look, then it would start to pick up a few marks, maybe look a little tired and you think 'hell, what have I done? This cost me £XXX and looks nothing', but after that it starts to get real character and it becomes the cool kid of the collection. However, I wouldn't go for this if I was only going to own one jacket.

cuchulain

Familiar Face
I have a Horween Chromexel belt from Rancourt in natural leather I wear with jeans and it's awesome, it does age and patina quickly and very uniquely. It's also much softer than the color 8 and black chromexel belt I have from Rancourt, not sure why that is. I don't think I would want it in a full jacket though. I do think it would appear pretty dirty very fast.

Here's what my natural wallet looks like from Mitchell Leather's, it did darken quite a bit. New it appeared completely natural, now it's definitely brown:

c0fviBW.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I have a Teamster fit jacket on the way. I'll see where my mind is at that point. I genuinely have an indecision illness. I LOVE the natural color but am not quite sure if I want to constantly be thinking about "what will the jacket look like tomorrow?" if that makes sense. We'll see. I go back and forth every coupla minutes. :)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I will say, i found myself constantly debating whether or not to wear the Campus when I had it due to the color. BUT I only sold it becuase of the length. The color can look bright as a mug to say the least, but I think it's incredibly versatile (for example, wearable with both brown and black shoes). Also, from the looks of it (and I would be very interested to hear from Carrie or Holly/Denny on this) it may be less vulnerable to staining than the Campus. The hide used on the Campus is like a sponge. Every single drop of rain will immediately absorb and leave a mark (or at least for a good while until the hide patinas to a "slick"). The natura Vincenza by contrast appears to be more finished. Would love to see how this hide responds to rain

Now I'm having second thoughts on the leather. I hate this. I need therapy.
Dude I think it would make seriously authentic looking work coat...can TB send you a sample so you're sure? I wouldn't have been so sure of the midnight blue if I hadn't had my hands on it!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Update, Aero says this hide is wax and oil finished which leads me to believe it should be considerably less fussy than the campus (also, I really really really want one now lol)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a Teamster fit jacket on the way. I'll see where my mind is at that point. I genuinely have an indecision illness. I LOVE the natural color but am not quite sure if I want to constantly be thinking about "what will the jacket look like tomorrow?" if that makes sense. We'll see. I go back and forth every coupla minutes. :)
We all have the "indecision illness." Just looking at the Aero photo above, though, I think it'll look cool as hell. Go for it, and just look forward to the day it arrives. And keep it away from your girlfriends.

As @HoosierDaddy said, there are phases of break-in on this hide. I think that if once could get past the initial shock, it will turn out amazing. I know that deer hide like that is similar in that it starts clean, gets pretty raggedy, then turns lovely.
Not sure, but I think that some of you younger cats should give it a shot - not sure I''ll live long enough to get through all the stages to bliss level ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm