Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leathers - timescale/process query

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Hello all - Im sure some people here must have experience of roughly what sort of timescale I might be looking at for a jacket order (B3) from Aero. I ordered one from Aero near the end of August this year, and got the order confirmation email and request for measurements etc, whcih I replied to. Can I expect any more correspondence from them re: those measurements or anything else related to the jacket, or will I just get an email when its ready? Apols for the possibly stupid question, Ive never ordered from them before so dont really know what to expect. Thanks for any help!

dubpynchon

One Too Many
You'll just get an email when it's ready. If there were any issues you would have heard from the factory. It shouldn't be long now, you'll probably get word that it's shipped in the next week or two. Then the glorious day of waiting for the delivery to turn up!

Mich486

One Too Many
I’m waiting since the beginning of July so no worries. They’ll email you once shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jejupe

Practically Family
They might or might not contact you when the jacket goes to production. For example they might contact you if they think the size of the jacket you have ordered doesn’t match your measurements. If everything is clear you’ll hear from them when it’s completed!

I would hazard a quess that their shearling team is quite busy at this time of the year, so their lead time could be longer than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Knight

Familiar Face
They state 4 weeks as the average timescale, though this is subject to being shorter/longer depending on their backlog.

When the jacket is ready they’ll contact you.

powersci

One of the Regulars
I ordered, through Thurston, a B3 and ANJ4 at the beginning of August. I got word yesterday that the jackets should be ready in about 2-3 weeks. It is my understanding they were waiting on more materials to make the jackets. That threw off the “typical” wait time. In the past, jackets have come in around 4-6 weeks from ordering.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
My wait is going to be roughly 5 weeks. They had everything in stock though, so your wait may be longer if they need to get material.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points