Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Long Half Belt Sizing

C_McDee

New in Town
Hi everyone,

So I am pulling the trigger on my second aero leather jacket. My first was a cafe racer in cordovan and my next will be a LHB in midnight blue. I wanted to ask you guys for your opinion on sizing.

My previous cafe racer from you was a snug fit when zipped up. Is the LHB naturally roomier? My cafe racer was a 38 so I was thinking of going up to 40 or 42.

Chloe recommended that I stay at size 38 but I want to make sure the LHB will have enough room to layer beneath it. I am also young and every year getting slightly bigger since I lift and I want this jacket to be future-proof. What size would you recommend?

I have attached the sizing of my previous order, as well as some photos.

In these photos you will also see that the arms on my cafe racer Are too long. I would appreciate your advice on how much shorter my new jackets arms should be?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220804-164348_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220804-164348_Video Player.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 146
  • 20220807_171159.jpg
    20220807_171159.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 20220807_171320.jpg
    20220807_171320.jpg
    731.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 20220807_171248.jpg
    20220807_171248.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 133

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hi everyone,

So I am pulling the trigger on my second aero leather jacket. My first was a cafe racer in cordovan and my next will be a LHB in midnight blue. I wanted to ask you guys for your opinion on sizing.

My previous cafe racer from you was a snug fit when zipped up. Is the LHB naturally roomier? My cafe racer was a 38 so I was thinking of going up to 40 or 42.

Chloe recommended that I stay at size 38 but I want to make sure the LHB will have enough room to layer beneath it. I am also young and every year getting slightly bigger since I lift and I want this jacket to be future-proof. What size would you recommend?

I have attached the sizing of my previous order, as well as some photos.

In these photos you will also see that the arms on my cafe racer Are too long. I would appreciate your advice on how much shorter my new jackets arms should be?

Hi, the LHB is cut from the same pattern as the Hercules and the Teamster. I owned a Teamster in size 38 and can tell you it runs large. That size 38 fit like a 40 or even a snug 42. It does not have the strong taper from chest to waist like the Cafe Racer either, it is much roomier in the body, so if your Cafe Racer felt too snug in the belly, you won't have that issue with the LHB. Going from these pictures of you in the Cafe Racer, I agree with Chloe that a size 38 should work well for you, sizing up in the LHB will make it fit like a tent. Hope this helps!

C_McDee

New in Town
Hi, the LHB is cut from the same pattern as the Hercules and the Teamster. I owned a Teamster in size 38 and can tell you it runs large. That size 38 fit like a 40 or even a snug 42. It does not have the strong taper from chest to waist like the Cafe Racer either, it is much roomier in the body, so if your Cafe Racer felt too snug in the belly, you won't have that issue with the LHB. Going from these pictures of you in the Cafe Racer, I agree with Chloe that a size 38 should work well for you, sizing up in the LHB will make it fit like a tent. Hope this helps!
Thank you, that's reassuring. I suppose my only concern now is growing larger and growing out of the jacket. I have just asked Chloe if a size 39 is possible.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, that's reassuring. I suppose my only concern now is growing larger and growing out of the jacket. I have just asked Chloe if a size 39 is possible.
Frankly, for one the jacket runs large as it is, it will never be a tight fitting jacket and for the other, I have jumped up and down 20 lbs over the past 5 years, 150-170 lbs and it made my very fitted tight jackets too small and my very wide coat-style jackets too big but the regular styles that at no point were either particularily snug or wide, would always fit. So unless you plan to turn into a walrus, you should be fine with a style such as the Teamster.

C_McDee

New in Town
Frankly, for one the jacket runs large as it is, it will never be a tight fitting jacket and for the other, I have jumped up and down 20 lbs over the past 5 years, 150-170 lbs and it made my very fitted tight jackets too small and my very wide coat-style jackets too big but the regular styles that at no point were either particularily snug or wide, would always fit. So unless you plan to turn into a walrus, you should be fine with a style such as the Teamster.
What size highwayman would you recommend for me from the photos? I would like to be able to layer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider