Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO LONGSHOREMAN HH - Shearling lined - 44

Claybertrand

One Too Many
For your consideration, the ultimate Aero Cold Weather jacket, the rare, shearling lined Longshoreman clad in armor like Black Horsehide.

I am the second owner of this jacket. I bought it a few years ago when planning to relocate to a very cold climate and I really wanted to get a cold weather Horsehide jacket. Since that move fell through, I have also lost a substantial amount of weight so the the jacket is entirely too warm AND too large for me. For the last few years, it has just been stored and unworn.

Note on Photos: I am including many photos including some with measurements. Because I used a tape measure --- it may appear that the tape is not aligned properly in some of the photos. I can assure you that the measurements are accurate and any photo where it appears the tape is not flush with one end of the jacket is just an illusion because the tape is just a tad angled in the photos. I made sure to try to include close ups of each measured end so you can see the actual size accurately. So there will be perhaps a larger photo showing the tape measure and then a close up of the relevant measurement. Photos will include a couple in natural day light and the rest in indoor lighting. The hide appears slightly browner in the indoor shots but I can assure you it is jet black. Photos will be posted in multiple batches as necessary.

Condition: This jacket is in very good condition with the only issue being some light wear to the quilted liner in the lower hip areas/waistline and a bit on the quilted liner at the end of the cuffs. Honestly, I cannot find a flaw or blemish on the Horsehide. It has sort of a matte finish and its Jet Black. The hide is totally clean and still very stiff. There is a very small amount of brass patina on the main Talon zipper. There is the liner wear I mentioned--along the bottom seam of the quilted liner at the waistline near the right and left inner hip areas (pictured). Similar minor wear in the quilted liner at the end of the sleeves. The jacket does have Storm Cuffs/Inner Cuffs. The Shearling Lining appears flawless. Pocket liners are spotless and appear unused. Zipper and cinches work well.

Measurements taken with jacket zipped and lying flat:

Shoulders: Shoulder seam to Shoulder seam across the upper back -- 21"
Pit to Pit: Across the front chest -- 25.5"
Shoulder to Cuff: Taken from shoulder seam straight down to end of cuff -- 25"
Back Length: Taken from Collar Seam down the back to bottom hem -- 23.25"
Waist Width: Taken across the hem at the hips: 22.75
Aero Tagged Size: 44

Keep in mind that this jacket does have authentic shearling lining that makes it fit a bit smaller than these outside measurements may indicate. This jacket will fit well on a more stoutly built hombre than myself. It's a true beast.

Price: $385 SHIPPED within the CONUS
***Shipping is a real bear on this one. I am willing to ship internationally with Buyer covering any excess costs***

Payment Method: PayPal F&F

Photo Batch #1 (more to follow)
***Liner/Cuff Wear shown in last 4 photos posted***

Attachments

• 1Front View Better.JPG
    1Front View Better.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 244
  • 10Rear Yoke Close Up.jpg
    10Rear Yoke Close Up.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 9Rear Yoke.jpg
    9Rear Yoke.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 8Rear View Better.JPG
    8Rear View Better.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 7RIght Pocket Close Up.jpg
    7RIght Pocket Close Up.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 6Front Length Close Up.JPG
    6Front Length Close Up.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 5Front Length Tape is Flush with Collar Ignore Illusion.jpg
    5Front Length Tape is Flush with Collar Ignore Illusion.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 207
  • 3Front View Unzipped.jpg
    3Front View Unzipped.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 2Front View Indoors.jpg
    2Front View Indoors.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
More Photos.......

Attachments

• 12Rear Length Collar Seam to Hem 2.jpg
    12Rear Length Collar Seam to Hem 2.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 13Rear Length Close Up.jpg
    13Rear Length Close Up.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 14Shoulder Width - Tape is Flush with Left Shoulder Seam Ignore Illusion - Copy.JPG
    14Shoulder Width - Tape is Flush with Left Shoulder Seam Ignore Illusion - Copy.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 15Shoulder Width Close Up.JPG
    15Shoulder Width Close Up.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 16Waist Width Zipped.JPG
    16Waist Width Zipped.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 17Waist Width ZIpped Close Up.JPG
    17Waist Width ZIpped Close Up.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 18Left Sleeve Close Up.JPG
    18Left Sleeve Close Up.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 19Sleeve Length.jpg
    19Sleeve Length.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 20Sleeve Length Close Up.jpg
    20Sleeve Length Close Up.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 140

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Y Mas Fotos........

Attachments

• 21P2P 1 Right Side.jpg
    21P2P 1 Right Side.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 22P2P 2 Left Side.jpg
    22P2P 2 Left Side.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 25Zipper Ends Close Up.JPG
    25Zipper Ends Close Up.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 26Spread Open Indoors.jpg
    26Spread Open Indoors.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 27Liner Close Up.JPG
    27Liner Close Up.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 28Shearling Close Up.JPG
    28Shearling Close Up.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 30Cuffs.JPG
    30Cuffs.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 31Label and Tag Light Liner Wear Medium SHot.jpg
    31Label and Tag Light Liner Wear Medium SHot.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 33Left Hip Area Light Liner Wear.jpg
    33Left Hip Area Light Liner Wear.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 34Light liner wear.JPG
    34Light liner wear.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 247

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
This is where I wonder "Is there a way I could out on enough weight so this would fit AND at the same time I fit into my current jackets? Would cycling through weight gain and weight loss is I could cycling through jackets be worth it?"

And then answer is always No. But I wish!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Got any fit pics ? GLWS
I do not. Fit pics on me these days would be completely useless. I'm like a stick in this thing. When I bought it I weighed 221 and now I weigh 165. I can take additional non fit pics if you'd like. I probably should have listed this going INTO winter and not coming OUT of it........

sshack

A-List Customer
I do not. Fit pics on me these days would be completely useless. I'm like a stick in this thing. When I bought it I weighed 221 and now I weigh 165. I can take additional non fit pics if you'd like. I probably should have listed this going INTO winter and not coming OUT of it........
What'd you do to drop the weight?? Please don't say diet and exercise.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
What'd you do to drop the weight?? Please don't say diet and exercise.
It was a change in lifestyle really. Not a temporary diet thing. I cut out hard alcohol, having beer at home regularly, sodas and most other empty carbs. I started eating huge salads to start my meals. I always have only eaten one meal a day at night. So it ended up I have been intermittently fasting for most of my life but eating crappy. When my nightly menu changed, basically the weight fell off really dramatically. Any extra daily physical activity is a bonus burn of calories. I don't work out. I started drinking a lot of iced tea and water throughout the day and I never snack

The diet change and eliminating hard alcohol consumption except for special occasions (and Tequila which still has its place) were the biggest factors. Sometimes I will fast for one day a week or mix in a full 2 or 3 day fast just for fun if I don't have food prepared. That last thing is big too----I make pretty much all my own food. I can eat what I want anytime but I always revert back to my Salad--Veggies and Proteins for regular meals, and I eat as much as I want. No fancy stores. No CANCELING gluten. No BEYOND MEAT. No Uber Eats/Door Dash etc. That's pretty much it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff