Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Quartermaster's Store B3

John Lever

One Too Many
On loan from Aero.
Aero leather clothing size 42 quartermaster's store seal/ seal b3. Price £625.
Firstly there is no other b3 on the market that comes close to this one and terms of price and quality. The sheepskin is as good has anything I have seen from Real Mccoys on jackets costing well over £1,200 . The skins look very similar to those used by the famous Fenland Tannery, the horsehide is excellent with loads of character and grain. Everything is put together very well and feels rugged and tough. Fit is comfortable with no restrictions to movement apart from the quite tight cuffs, but these will probably loosen with time. I like the large gauge zipper, it looks more workmanlike than others and works very well.
The seal acrylic colouring is quite dark but goes well with the creamy coloured fleece and is very soft to the touch. I like the way the leather on the arms bunches up like a sweater just like on originals, and there is no hint of pie crust coating at all, so holding a phone causes no discomforts.

My chest size is about 41 1/2 inches , my shoulders are about 50 inches. This is a 42 and fits pretty well perfectly, the arms could be about an inch longer for me. If you want a looser fit I would go up a size but certainly not down a size for the so-called vintage fit, it just wouldn't work. I don't know if these jackets are the regular ones or of a slightly different specification but they are an absolute bargain the only improvement I could see would be to use shorter fleece on the cuffs waistband and wind flap so as there is just as slight hint of too much fluffiness. This is an easy fix.
Dimensions
Pit 24 1/2 inches
Arm 24 1/2
Shoulder 21
Back 26

Last edited:

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
I jumped on the offer and ordered the 44 redskin , can't wait for it to arrive !!!
Hope the fits right

kowalski

Practically Family
Hi John NICE JACKET
I have question Whether the two skins on the zipper at the bottom should not be sewn vertically along the seams zipper (foto The original ) ..? And Your jacket have maybe little too long fleece in the area of the waist and cuffs
;

;)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

kowalski

Practically Family
Question smal two skin by zipper ? (foto ) sewn vertically along the seams zipper or horizontally ? so as in your jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails