Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Question from Newbie.....

jsecunda

New in Town
Hi folks:

Due to your many positive comments, I've been checking out aero jackets. The ones that appeal to me are longerin style-the Stockman, Veste de Rallye, maybe the Cheyenne....

However, there are apparently no photos of actual humans wearing them, which makes it difficult to tell what they might look like on me! Do any of you have an aesthetic opinion of these styles? If you like any of them, how do you size them-one size up or just use your jacket size?

Thanks in advance for your opinions/expertise....
Regards-
js

JWG

Familiar Face
The best thing to do is give them your measurements and suit size as well as dress shirt size. Let them know how they fit you and they will give you a sizing recommendation.

If you're in the U.S., contact Mark Moye at Aeroleatherusa@aol.com. He is super helpful.

Barry

Practically Family
Mark Moye's website might be a good place to start too. He's the US factory rep. for Aero. His site has a number of different shots of the Cheyenne and Veste Del Rallye. I don't think he features the Stockman on his site, but I could be wrong.

I know I've seen a picture of a guy wearing a Stockman somewhere on the main Aero website. I tried looking for it but couldn't find it.

As for sizing, your Aero contact will ask you a number of questions about your build. I take a 42 standard (in the Highwayman, at least) and the jacket is a perfect fit.

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
I agree with the rest of the boys-if you're in the US, Mark Moye is your man-his customer service is unbeatable. He'll make sure you get your size sorted, and he sorts out all the Customs stuff as well. Size-wise, I'm a standard 42", and Aero's 42" fits me fine straight out of the box-this goes for my Highwayman, my B-3 and my A-2. If you're planning to wear it as an overcoat, you may need to go up a size.

MB-17

DiabolicalAngel

One of the Regulars
The thing with the Aero USA site is that there are many more pics with variations of colours to view and it just wants to make you get that one extra jacket !;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy