Aero Ridley / J106 Repository Thread

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by AeroFan_07, Oct 14, 2020.

1. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Yeah, that one was predictably going to be remorseful.

it’s funny, I buy but never end up wearing the perfecto-types. So they get sold and the process repeats itself.

dannyk and AeroFan_07 like this.
  2. Monitor

Monitor

Remember, it's not your style. You said it, not me. :D

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  3. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

^^ Perhaps, perhaps not. Don't worry, not "bipolar" or anything here. Just keep decision making based upon sound, solid evidence at the top of the mind. Well, most of the time.

4. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

So after all that, here is a Ridley again. Decided to give this one a try. So far, I really like it!

Vicenza Blackend Brown Horsehide. Feels perfect on this style of jacket. More photos / full review soon, for now just a few fit photos:

DSC_0553.JPG DSC_0554.JPG DSC_0557.JPG

jonbuilder, Kuro, pmx-berlin and 11 others like this.
  5. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

^keeper. Your cross zip posts are part of the reason the square brown truck is headed my way this week

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

^^ Nice - that's how this one came too! :)

7. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

That is a damn near perfect fit Randy!

Looking forward to buying this one. :)

8. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Still on the fence regarding Vicenza. I can see the delicate topcoat of black over the brown, which looks quite nice at this time. I guess overall I am just more partial to heavier leathers. However this is some very nice material overall. It's problaby ~ 4.5 lbs total. That was part of the reason for trying this jacket out, to finally try a Vincenza jacket that is my size. If in a warmer climate, this would be 100% perfect leather, however I do not think it would be my choice on a motorcycle.

Here is an in-depth series of photos of the jacket, featuring this leather. The point is to get up close with it, see the grain & detail, of "Blackened Brown" Vincenza offered by Aero presently.

DSC_0559.JPG DSC_0560.JPG DSC_0561.JPG DSC_0562.JPG DSC_0563.JPG DSC_0564.JPG DSC_0565.JPG DSC_0566.JPG

TREEMAN, Jin431, roadking04 and 3 others like this.
  9. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

The jacket fits you well.
    I also have the Ridley in blackened brown vicenza and I think it's great. I have to honestly say that I like the Vicenza more for everyday life than the CXFQHH. And yes, there is certainly more stable leather for motorcycling. ;)

10. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

E4837957-B988-4FEA-A8BF-96D60695D8F4.jpeg 6D232F49-7A93-4243-ADDD-EEB1FE3AC17A.jpeg

Attached Files:

11. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

People keep asking about Blackend Brown Vicenza, Showing the "Blacked Brown" fades.
    Seems the light shows it best...

IMG_0733.jpg

12. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Looks very chocolatey brown. Any chance to get a few more shots? Looks great.

AeroFan_07 and Pandemic like this.
  13. timmbo

timmbo New in Town

Ordered in December, arrived in March. J-106 in Black CXFQHH, silver snaps, brass zips, Rob Roy tartan wool lining. Size 38 with +1" in the shoulders, +1.5" in the arms and a 24" length in the body (which I believe is -1.5" from stock).

Exactly what I've been after - something that looks close to an original Buco J-22, with a nice short length in the body but sleeves that fit my 6ft frame.

[​IMG]

navetsea, Jin431, Vaquero357 and 15 others like this.
  14. timmbo

timmbo New in Town

[​IMG]

navetsea, Jin431, Vaquero357 and 14 others like this.
  15. Louisrost

Louisrost New in Town

Hi Everyone,

Would you say that this Aero Ridley vincenza is true to size? Or better size up or down? Any help on measurement would be helpfull.

Thanks!

16. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

^^ Hello, welcome - did you mean to post a photo?
    Not sure exactly what you are asking - since I do not know what size you typcially take in jackets?

17. Monitor

Monitor

I had to size down in J-106. My first jacket was a size 42 but it was really like a 46 or something. Just stupidly too big and I was between 40 to 42 at the time. Got a size 40 for the second one and it was much, much smaller and actually perfect so I'd say size down.

jonbuilder and JMax like this.
  18. Louisrost

Louisrost New in Town

19. Salmosalar

Salmosalar One of the Regulars

I posted these photos on another thread earlier, but thought it might be of interest to those looking specifically at Ridley options, so reposted them here - this is a custom black badalassi Slim MC jacket from Aero (their own in-house version of the Ridley) that landed yesterday, with Irvin mouton collar. Some tweaks were made to the base model, including a simpler back with a single yoke, no kidney panel, and plainer front without the coin or D pockets - this hide is really exceptional and I am delighted with this jacket - they did a great job I have to say… A80EF7C0-C140-4DB2-BDB2-DFE6A37F0856.jpeg

Attached Files:

ton312, navetsea, jonbuilder and 9 others like this.
  20. Salmosalar

Salmosalar One of the Regulars

My other Slimfit MC/Ridley - in blue vicenza and black mouton collar…. D4BE0C4F-33AD-40D5-8650-20439802D424.jpeg