Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sale Fit Pics

mygar

A-List Customer
50s Halfbelt tumbled brown fqhh... its a keeper :) its 5.4 lb... not bad for this size of jacket. Its as heavy as the legendary cordovan cr i once had... 0.1 lb less than cr ... but it is a much smaller jacket.

Dustbowl in russet goat... little large in upper arms... i think one size too large maybe. Will put up for sale.

Attachments

• 20181025_184833.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 564
  • 20181025_185003.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 583
  • 20181025_184945.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 559
  • 20181025_185000.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:

mygar

A-List Customer
Not sure why pics wont upload into thread for me... but it is what i can do

Attachments

• 20181025_184850.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 536

mygar

A-List Customer
Well thinking about selling the 50s half belt as well... little bit big in shoulders and arms for me

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
50s Halfbelt looks very nice on you, I'd even say perfect.
Dustbowl looks a bit blousy in shoulders and upper arms areas, esp. from the back.

Mich486

One Too Many
The 50s halfbelt looks fine. You’ll hardly be able to do better in the arms unless you go with a premier pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mygar

A-List Customer
Tbh I think both of these look good on you!

In person it is easier to see... dustbowl is way too big. The 50s is much better but really comes down to the very large upper arms... just not a fan

mygar

A-List Customer
50s Halfbelt looks very nice on you, I'd even say perfect.
Dustbowl looks a bit blousy in shoulders and upper arms areas, esp. from the back.

Agreed dustbowl very blousy. The half belt is not too bad. From the front and back looks fine. But the arms are huge! I have around 3 inches of loose material .. i prefer a more fitted look.

mygar

A-List Customer
The 50s halfbelt looks fine. You’ll hardly be able to do better in the arms unless you go with a premier pattern.

Yes the premier would be better for fitted look.

mygar

A-List Customer
50's HB is fabulous man!!! I'd keep that and send the dust bowl on its way back to Aero.

Yea but the arms are crazy big.. like popeye on steroids... and they still would be too big. A pic from the side would demostrate this better.

To be fair though.. all i have to wear is thedi at the moment... used to his form fit designs

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
In person it is easier to see... dustbowl is way too big. The 50s is much better but really comes down to the very large upper arms... just not a fan

Yeah, pictures don’t always tell the whole tale concerning fit, and there’s always going to be different opinions on what constitutes a good fit as well.

The main thing that I see in the dustbowl is that the arms look a bit large. That impression might diminish as the leather starts molding to your body though?

Or it could just be that the way Aero does arms doesn’t fit you? Many aero models have pretty large arms.

Yea but the arms are crazy big.. like popeye on steroids... and they still would be too big. A pic from the side would demostrate this better.

To be fair though.. all i have to wear is thedi at the moment... used to his form fit designs
Oh yeah Thedi cuts the sleeve super trim...way more so than even the trim aero's in my experience. The 50's HB is a robust design and I don't think it's meant to fit too slim. I slimmed mine down from chest to waist via a size drop and in reality I think I probably could've gone one size larger in the chest and shoulders. I like the way this fits you tho. Maybe it's just time to be "that guy" curling at the squat rack?

mygar

A-List Customer
Yeah, pictures don’t always tell the whole tale concerning fit, and there’s always going to be different opinions on what constitutes a good fit as well.

The main thing that I see in the dustbowl is that the arms look a bit large. That impression might diminish as the leather starts molding to your body though?

Or it could just be that the way Aero does arms doesn’t fit you? Many aero models have pretty large arms.

I think in general aero does not offer slim fit two piece arms unless asked. I had a aero cr and its arms were fairly large as well.

I did think that the goat would drape better after breaking in... but all in all just too big all over

mygar

A-List Customer
Oh yeah Thedi cuts the sleeve super trim...way more so than even the trim aero's in my experience. The 50's HB is a robust design and I don't think it's meant to fit too slim. I slimmed mine down from chest to waist via a size drop and in reality I think I probably could've gone one size larger in the chest and shoulders. I like the way this fits you tho. Maybe it's just time to be "that guy" curling at the squat rack?

I agree the design of the 50s is cut roomy...in general the fit is alright i agree. Tad big in shoulders and little big in arms. I think one size down would be ideal.

Also.. you are not supposed to do curls in squat rack? :D

Squat used to be my favorite many moons ago. At buck 50 would regular rep deep sets of 300+.... for me that was good as i never blessed with strength. Still felt like superman after those sets tho!

mygar

A-List Customer
Ok i dug out the 50s halfbelt from box and took another look. I think it pretty much fits as it should ... heres another pic. Due to my arm being raised for taking a pic... it appears to be short. I assure you it is not too short. With arms down it covers MOST of my belt. I only need to get a medium sized brass belt buckle now :D

So im keeping it... but sending dustbowl back for sure.

Think im just used to slim fitting thedi racers

20181026_171313.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot