Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sale Section

pjstrass

One of the Regulars
any advice / thoughts on fit of off the rack Aero Highwayman ? if between a 46 and 48 ..go up ..go down a size ? ...have seen comments that they are a boxy fit ....I am not slim..need some extra in the gut...tho for some reason I like the look of my military fit Cooper and US Wings ...thanks..

JanSolo

Practically Family
A size 46 Highwayman should fit even the most portly built individuals. It's quite boxy and generously cut!! I'm 6ft, 39 inch chest, 155lbs and a size 38 chest. I tried on aHighwayman a while ago and it was too wide for my taste...

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
any advice / thoughts on fit of off the rack Aero Highwayman ? if between a 46 and 48 ..go up ..go down a size ? ...have seen comments that they are a boxy fit ....I am not slim..need some extra in the gut...tho for some reason I like the look of my military fit Cooper and US Wings ...thanks..

I'm a 41/42'' chest and have a 42 Highwayman which has enough room to layer a heavy sweater underneath, if I wanted to just wear a shirt I probably could have worn a size 40. What I mean is that true to size in a Highwayman is quite roomy imo. Not sure if that helps much.

Die-Motte

New in Town
I have just talked to Amanda about size 46/48 Apprentice made Highwaymans! I have finally chosen a size 48 for my husband because of the larger shoulders (and because of his dislike of trim fitting leather jackets;-)). A size 46 might have been good in length and pit to pit but the shuolders are too small with 21-21,5" (54,4 cm)

tonypaj

Practically Family

Depends on the jacket. I've had a newer Highwayman, size 44, way big, and have now an older one, same size, and it's perfect. 42 in LHB fits fine, but for an A-2 or a B-3 I need a 44. For a new Highwayman I'd probably take a 42.

But it's the same old advice as always here, get measured, and ask for measurements. After that it's trial and error unless you can visit Scotland.

Yeah, ask Aero for numbers on the jacket(s). Then, measure one you (he) likes and compare. Only way to know short of trying it on.
Good deals. There's a couple in my (new) size I'd like but I'm broke now lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou