Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Stockman at 2 Years - Detailed Pics

wdw

One Too Many
I've been wearing my two Stockmans quite a bit recently because it's winter now, so thought I might as well show a few pics as to how one has aged over the last two years. This is the Cordovan one and I love it like my first born.:) I always feel the longer jackets are underrepresented here, so here's my small part in redressing that balance.

As a bit of history, this was a rebuild, as the original got caught up in the Aero soap opera contretemps of two years ago, and when I expressed my concerns on here about the first one, Ken at Aero came back immediately and offered to sort it right away. That was my first experience of the excellent customer service I've experienced at Aero since then, and is one of many reasons why Aero has my loyalty as a customer.

The jacket was made by Julie Leitch, who's made most of my jackets over the last two years and apparently having her as my almost personal jacket maker :))) is another nice personal touch you only get from small operations like theirs.

Starting with a distant shot and a close up one.

Now close-ups compared to its black brother.

Some creasing on the back.

And finally a close-up of an arm, and the sort of grain that's developed.

The good thing about these longer and wider jackets is that fit isn't critical. As long as the sleeves are good, then the rest just falls into place.

It would be good to see how other folks jackets are ageing too.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Just as I was looking into purchasing a longer, button-up jacket in Cordovan myself, this post comes up! Your jacket is absolutely beautiful, and it has been well-cared for. Those arm creases are spectacular. With Winter right around the corner, this jacket should see a lot of wear these coming months.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Great to see this as we don't see enough Aero jackets that have been broken in. That photo could be in black and white and have been taken 50 years ago - it looks timeless. The grain on the sleeve looks great. The whole outfit is awesome. Any details on the jumper?

Makes me excited to think of what my LHB will look like in a few years. I've been wearing it quite a bit lately and have actually started to wear a vest under it to extend the season and get more wear on it. It's working and looking better each day.

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks guys. Mendelboaz, I really like the simplicity of the Stockman, which is why I have two now. I have the Work Coat in cordovan too, but it's shorter and narrower, so the Stockman is the better choice for winter. By the way, it hasn't been well cared for at all. I treat it like I hate it, but it just keeps looking better.

Grayland, the jumper is from Outdoor Knitwear. I got the link from this thread http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?48129-Military-woolly-pully-sweaters/page19 It's wool with shoulder and elbow patches and cost only £34 including the 15% discount, about $54.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Lookin' good, sir. I've been meaning to put some pics up of my 'work in progress' LHB for a while, so I'll do it tonight.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I've been wearing my two Stockmans quite a bit recently because it's winter now, so thought I might as well show a few pics as to how one has aged over the last two years. This is the Cordovan one and I love it like my first born.:) I always feel the longer jackets are underrepresented here, so here's my small part in redressing that balance.

Just wanted to add:
A nice relaxed pleasant pose, not trying to look like a catalogue 'Poser' looking wistfully into the distance etc.
This should be referred to in the photo topic posted a few months earlier.

Oh, and by the way, a nice jacket in a great colour.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I just wish that I could justify buying a Stockman; however my N Texas climate would preclude my getting much use out of one. I really like both of yours though and would be hard pressed to say which of the two I like better.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Here are a few pics of my LHB, almost two years old to the day! As ever, with the sun disappearing at 4pm, it's hard to get a good register on the colour - though the ones I took in the office are not bad. Just as wdw said, I'm completely attached to this jacket, it's the one that attracts the most comment, and feels totally 'mine' when I put it on.

wdw

One Too Many
Looking good, Sloan. It can only get even better.

The LHB was the first Aero I bought, under the old regime, and the fit was all wrong so I flipped it after a month or two and lost a packet. All my jackets from those days came out badly, not that I'm bitter...:mad:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
:D The pics really don't do it justice, tbh. The grading across the shoulders from carrying rucksacks etc hasn't come up at all. It's completely soft, though, which makes it an easy wear.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Craig, compared to Nick's (Dav) HWM, your LHB looks like it has only been worn for a couple of days at most. :D All kidding aside, the LHB couldn't be a better fit for the long, cold Scottish winter present for the next six months. :smow: :rain:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I know, Nick's puts us all to shame. To be honest, though, it's hell trying to get decent pics when it's dark by 4pm!

univibe88

One Too Many
My Stockman is about 5 years old. But it doesn't get a ton of wear. I just own too many jackets. I've lost some weight and the fit is a bit loose but the shoulders still fit properly. It fits nicely over a thick wool sweater.

FarWalker

New in Town
Strange question, but what are your experiences with jackets this long when you sit down. I have a shorter jacket, which fits great standing, but which feels strange sitting down or riding in a car. The front bunches up and such. I guess with the button-up models you can undo a bottom button, but what about the long half belt? Aero certainly not into the two-way zipper.

wdw

One Too Many
Like you say, simply unbutton it. That was one thing I didn't like about the LHB, as if you forget to unzip you can split the zip, which I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ