Aero Type III Jean Jacket - Any experience with blanket lining ?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ianusdivus, Jan 6, 2020.

1. ianusdivus

ianusdivus New in Town

Dear Community !
    I’m considering to order an Aero type 3 jean jacket but I’m unsure about the lining. Maybe someone of you can help me out.
    I want it to be my jacket for warmer weather (spring/autumn) so I will go with Vincenza as, in my opinion, CFXHH is to warm by any means, regardless of the lining.
    I’d really like to go with the standard blanket lining but I have the concern that it might be too warm.
    Does anyone have some experience with the blanket lining ?
    My winter jacket is an alpaca lined long half belt. Ist the blanket lining comparable to alpaca lining ?

Many Thanks in advance !

Jan

2. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I would be concerned that it might be a bit heavy for the jacket. I’ve handled the blanket and it’s substantial and v warm. I tried it on in the factory and start to sweat within minutes! I guess if you’re going for a full-on winter jacket, it’s ideal but it might be a narrow window of use.

ianusdivus and sweetfights like this.
  3. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

I had a seal brown vicenza type iii with sateen lining and that was perfect imo

4. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I have an Aero type III in Vicenza with the blanket lining and I think it is a great weight for a spring jacket. I have not handled Aero’s alpaca but I’m pretty sure that the blanket lining would not be anywhere near as warm. It is also probably one of my lighter jackets in terms of overall weight. The sleeves in my jacket are lined with sateen which certainly helps to keep it feeling cooler.

ianusdivus likes this.
  5. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

I had Aero's blanket lining in an older Highwayman CXL. I would not want blanket in a warm-weather jacket, also I think I would prefer the drape of a jean jacket in Vicenza with a lighter lining, the drape is less of a concern with a CXL WYM

ianusdivus likes this.
  6. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Jon,
    The drape of my Vicenzo jacket with a blanket lining was actually the first thing I noticed. It is as easy and comfortable to wear as a lightweight denim type three would be. I see from the other post here that I am clearly in the minority when it comes to the blanket lining choice but I do quite like it in my jacket.
    37821489-D1C9-45A4-9A6B-BAEF37D8A46F.jpeg

7. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have no experience with them, but they look attractive and warm. I would like to try one out sometime if I had the chance.

El Marro likes this.
  8. ianusdivus

ianusdivus New in Town

Thank you ! That’s very useful !

9. ianusdivus

ianusdivus New in Town

Thank you for sharing your experience!

10. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Should depend on what spring/autumn means in the part of the world where you live. I live in Sweden where autumn/spring temperatures usually means somewhere 10-15 degrees Celsius. If I want to wear a denim jacket it has to be blanket lined, otherwise it would be too cold. Unlined denim jacket is summer gear for me.

I haven’t tried Aero’s blanket lined type 3 though, maybe it’s significantly warmer than the blanket that Lee use in their denim jackets?

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

11. seres

seres A-List Customer

I have the blanket lining in a Type 3, and it measures / calipers about 0.030” or 0.75mm, which is about the thickness and warmth of the mid-weight wool linings, like the herringbone. I don’t find it all that warm, and think it would be fine for spring/fall wearing.

I also have the Alpaca lining in a FQHH CXL jacket, and the Alpaca lining measures / calipers about 0.040” or 1.00mm. It’s hard to compare the warmth of the two jackets, due to different weight leather and style, but Alpaca is not heavy enough for a winter jacket.

12. ianusdivus

ianusdivus New in Town

Thanks for all your helpful advice. I just checked the aero stock and a came across a black type 3 with cotton drill lining - and pulled the trigger !
    I owned some cheaper leather jacket with cotton lining that suited me well in northern German autumn/spring.
    I will update with some pics once it arrives

Psant25 likes this.
  13. ianusdivus

ianusdivus New in Town

Thanks for your helpful post.
    I own a long half belt with alpaca lining and it’s quite warm, definitely warm enough for german winters