Aero Vicenza HH Bootlegger

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jack miranda, Feb 18, 2017.

1. jack miranda

jack miranda A-List Customer

I recently sold off an Aero Maxwell I thought would do forever…but, no. Too small in the shoulders, and when Celsius headed for the basement, I couldn’t wear even a light sweater under it. That has been the most persistent problem: trouble fitting the shoulders. Then, (as if you’d no idea where this was heading) about two weeks ago on Aero’s sale page appeared a Bootlegger in dark seal Vicenza hh with a 20’’ span where I needed it, and long sleeves, to boot. I jumped. The pics will tell the tale. A gorgeous jacket, one under which I can wear a bulky sweater if need be. For some, this jacket will appear a bit large. Alas, I’ve never been a trim fit lad, and, when it’s cold I want to wear my jacket and be warm, too. On a purely sentimental level, this jacket appears the clone of my first leather jacket, purchased in a thrift shop almost fifty years ago (shown at the end of this post, worn by some kid), already worn hard, and I wore it out completely. I’ve missed that old jacket, label gone, maker unknown; this one in the pics is how I remember the first one. An old friend, home again. Ignore the fellow in the jacket; he’s just an OG (Old Geezer), also worn hard, for somewhat longer than fifty years…
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Full circle.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Edward, AeroFan_07, Mysteryo and 24 others like this.
  2. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

If you want to wear a thick sweater under it like you said, then its not too big at all...looks great!

Nice snag from the sale page...wish I could get a deal there but they never have just what I'm after lol

3. Stringmaster

Stringmaster One of the Regulars

Love it!

4. 53Effie

53Effie A-List Customer

Nice snag Jack. Looks very nice. Enjoy!

5. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Call Me a Cab

Looks great to me. I am a big fan of wider jackets myself, always layer under them. Also, they are much more comfortable. Wear it in good health!

6. Gromulus

Gromulus Practically Family

Looks good to my eyes ...and comfortable!

7. Looks great Ben. The Bootlegger is still my favorite style.

8. Plumbline

Plumbline One Too Many

Looks great Ben ... I always prefer function over fashion. Great job ... Wear it as hard as the previous one :)

9. Mark

Mark Practically Family

You look great in it, beauty.

10. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Looks great on you, the Vicenza's a peach of a leather. Love the vintage pic, still recognisably you!

11. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

From another Old Geezer, Well Done!

AeroFan_07 and El Marro like this.
  12. K-Pants

K-Pants One of the Regulars

Nice one. Has a lot of character and that dark seal is very dark, which makes for a nice effect. I am with you on layerability. Overall looks pretty fantastic.

13. ton312

ton312

There's no better design on earth in my opinion and you wear it perfectly. Congrats and enjoy!

14. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

You look pretty "trim and fit" to me! I love my Bootlegger and yours looks great. I'm glad you're happy with it. I know something about shoulders, glad you've the jacket that "fills the bill".

Worf

15. Peter Mackin

Peter Mackin Practically Family

My new favourite leather from aero....your bootlegger looks magic..if I ever buy another jacket it's gotta be a aeromarine in dark seal vincenza...then I'm finished.

16. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

Comfortable jackets get worn, picture perfect but uncomfortable ones stay on the hanger and get looked at. Wear it and enjoy it!

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  17. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

The dark seal Vincenza looks great! Hope you have a much fun wearing this new one as you did the old.

18. tweedydon

tweedydon Call Me a Cab

That's a beautifully written post, OP!

19. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Jack that is a beautifully designed jacket and exceptionally well done narrative with pictures.

20. seres

seres A-List Customer

Beautiful jacket, and it fits you perfectly! I had always considered FQHH for this jacket, but the Vicenza looks stunning! Now I'm going to have to reconsider...